13. photograph

𝘄𝗲 𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵

𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀

𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻

𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲'𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝘇𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹

== r i c k y 's p o v ==

the rest of the morning takes an awkward decline as soon as we get out of bed, nini heading straight to the bathroom and shutting herself inside to get ready. i take the opportunity to make her breakfast, hoping it'll fix whatever it is i did that ruined our moment. i mean, it was just a moment, but it was really the only good one we've had in eight years. i hear the door click as i'm making toast and look over to see nini coming out of the bathroom in her uniform with her hair tied back into a curled ponytail.

"hey," she sighs, taking a seat at the island and going through the memo corporate sent us last night.

"hey, how are you?" i say as i put a plate of buttered toast and fruit in front of her.

"good." she doesn't look up or make eye contact with me, she just looks down at her work on the table.

should i ask her about what happened this morning? or last night?? no. i shouldn't, right? at least..i don't know. maybe not now. i really want to know, but i know i'm not going to get an answer with the new nini if i just ask. i mean, i thought we were finally making progress?? at least becoming friends? now she's not even looking at me.

== n i n i 's p o v ==

the royal castle

"psst! jaz!!" i hear a voice say in a quiet tone as i'm mopping the hallway floor leading to the ballroom. i whip my head up and look around, not seeing anyone. i shrug it off and look back down before i feel a tug on my ponytail, turning around to see e.j. he leans up against the cleaning cart, obviously trying to hold back a laugh.

"what was that for?!" i say as i readjust my hair.

"sorry, it was too tempting," he says with a chuckle.

"oh, did you ever talk to gina?" i ask, continuing to mop the floor.

"no, i didn't have the balls to this morning. besides, look at her, she's chatting it up with that guy." he points to the ballroom, where ricky and gina can be seen talking to each other. what?

"oh."

i don't know why i'm so worked up about this, they're just talking. even if they weren't, that's none of my business. i um, i don't care. i shouldn't, right?

"what, do you know him?"

"no., uh..i don't."

"anyways, what about your guy?"

"i kind of held his hand last night?"

"wow, jaz, what is this? preschool? you gotta up your game."

"hey, you haven't said a word to gi, you're one to talk!!"

"i can talk whenever i want to-"