09. mine

r.i.p naya rivera

𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦

𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯

𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦

== n i n i 's p o v ==

the caswell's royal castle in paris, france

"how can one person even eat this much food?" i joke as gina and i carry the two silver plates full of the prince's breakfast through the halls of the castle. they're pretty heavy, considering that they're full of all different kinds of breakfast food. gina leads me back around to a separate corridor that should lead to the prince's bedroom.

"shoot, wait, can you hold this for a second? i forgot my-"

"yeah, sure, no problem," i say with a smile, taking gina's plate and balancing the two in my arms. i start the trek back to his room, but stop in my tracks when one of the big plates almost slips out of my grip. it's caught by a figure in a gray hoodie, who seems to be coming in from the side door.

"oh, you can't be in here-" i look up to see prince caswell's face under the hoodie, his eyes widening when he sees who i am.

"i think i can," he says with a charming smile.

"oh my god, i am so sorry, i didn't.."

"it's fine," he chuckles, "look, i'm not supposed to be out, can you not tell anyone you saw me?"

"uh, i-"

"i'll give you a free pass to my coronation ball?" the masquerade coronation ball. the most important event ricky and i need invites to.

"of course," i smile.

"great, bring your pretty friend down there too," he tells me, pointing to gina on her way back from the other room as he hurries off.

i'm calling that a success.

== r i c k y 's p o v ==

ricky and nini's cabin outside of paris, france

i arrive home in a taxi, exhausted as usual. i'm really hoping for some good news in tonight's update call with vivian, because we could really use it. as i'm setting up the call on the company computer, i see nini enter through the front door, unusually peppy.

"you look happy," i say, getting up off of the island chair.

"i may or may not have scored us private invites to the masquerade ball," she squeals, setting down her bag and looking up at me with prideful smile.

"nins, that's amazing!" i say as she comes over and wraps her arms around me, both of us caught up in our excitement while i pick her up and spin her around. we're interrupted by the incoming call from filmore graves on the computer in front of us.

"we should probably-"

"yeah, probably." i set her down, the two of us awkwardly having a seat next to each other on the island.

"richard and nina! good afternoon!" vivian says after i accept the call.

"nice to see you!" nini says while i grab the briefing files i set out in front of us.