19. bad idea

𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬

== r i c k y 's p o v ==

"your hair is like..curly," nini giggles as we walk back under the dark sky and dim streetlights, bringing her hand up to my hair to play with it. she's mindlessly leaning most of her weight on me, being way more touchy than usual--the two of us both having a lot to drink, apparently. i'd be lying if i said i didn't feel it, because i definitely do.

"really?" i say, because for whatever reason my foggy brain chooses to forget that i've always had curly hair?? i don't know, i'm barely able to walk straight right now, let alone remember my hair type.

"mhm, yeah..really. it's my favorite thing."

after a while, i look down at nini next to me. she's still holding the rose from earlier, looking off deep in thought. the moonlight's hitting her skin at just the right angle--i don't even notice that i'm staring until she looks back up at me, flashing me a smile.

"hm?" she asks, leaning off of me a little to see my face.

"nothing," i shake my head, still staring at her. we pause for a second when nini accidentally drops the rose. i bend down to grab it, my hand grazing the side of nini's arm as i come back up. i leave it there, rubbing my thumb across her skin.

"thank you," she says under her breath, gently taking the flower from my hand without breaking our eye contact. i know nini said she wants to go slow, but the look on her face is saying something different.

you know, the look.

where she's swallowing hard, her breath is heavy, her cheeks are red, and i keep catching her eyes looking at my mouth. trust me--i know it when i see it, because i constantly wear the look. i practically own it at this point. i know with our track record that it's risky, but before i even realize that i'm doing it, i'm grabbing nini and pressing a short, but deep kiss to her lips. she's obviously caught off guard, but she doesn't push me away.

== n i n i 's p o v ==

wait, is this really happening??

oh my god, it's definitely happening.

ricky continues to kiss me, which makes me drop my rose to the ground again. i don't not kiss him back, putting my now free hand on the back of his head threading my fingers through his hair to press harder, like how i used to. i don't fully understand everything that's happening--my mind obviously laggy from everything i drank--until he pulls away with a grin wide on his face.

"wow," i breathe out, one of ricky's hands on my back and the other on my chin.

"wow?"

"yeah, that was.." i say softly, nodding my head up and down.

"yeah?" he smiles, "one more?"

i nod, closing my eyes and letting him lean back in, ricky tilting my chin up to kiss me quickly. he moves his hand down to the other side of my waist, lifting me up off of the ground to get closer to me. we giggle as we pull away and he sets me back down, stumbling a little before finding our balance. we slowly come back into the real world and realize we're in the middle of the sidewalk, moving away to let other people pass us.

"stay right here, i'll be back," ricky says, going into a small shop that's minutes away from closing. i wait out on the sidewalk, lost in thought and drunken happiness until a familiar voice appears.

"jasmine?" gina says with a smiley surprised look on her face.

i know i don't have much control over what i say right now, and every sober part of my brain is telling me to not talk to her--but before i can even register that i'm doing it, i'm stumbling over by the door.

"woah, are you good girlie?" she says, stabilizing me.

"sorry, ricardo over there just laid one on me, so i'm kinda dizzy," i tell her, only realizing i said a version of ricky's name after the words have already left my mouth. my eyes widen, gina giving me a confused face. luckily, ricky's still in the shop.

"who's ricardo??" she says suggestively.

"uh--who?" i try to play dumb, hoping she buys it.

"girl, how drunk are you?" gina laughs, "are you with someone?"

we're standing in front of the shop (which doesn't have windows, just one glass door) in a way where i'm directly in front of the door and gina is in front of me covered by the wall, so you couldn't see her if you were inside.

"yeah..i'm actually, like, on a date right now--"

"hey, gorgeous," ricky says, coming out of the shop and kissing my cheek as he tightly hugs me from behind, burying his head into my neck. i clear my throat, making him look up to be met with the sight of gina's shocked face. he jumps away as soon as he sees her, all three of our eyes wide and aimed at the ground at the awkward situation.

"oh my god, i had no idea you guys were.."

"oh, uh, no..we're.." ricky starts.

"'cause like..it's not--there's no.." i add, neither of us knowing (or having the capacity to come up with) what to say.

"it's cool, guys, i won't say anything. i get it, company relationship forms are a handful," she says.

"yeah, the forms.."

"no, yeah..a handful," ricky nods. we both go along with it, bursting into laughter as soon as gina walks off. normally i would lecture him about being more careful, but i'm just having so much fun i don't even really register what just happened as a problem or concern. i grab ricky's arm to stabilize myself as we continue to walk back. i absentmindedly put my head on his shoulder, leaning most of my weight on him and rubbing his upper arm.

"you smell good," ricky mumbles, pressing his nose into the top of my head as we reach the doorway. i smile into his side and peck his arm while he fumbles to get the keys in the keyhole.

when the door finally opens, ricky trips over my work bag that had fallen off of the hook, which pulls me down with him. we giggle as we stumble over and end up in a position where i'm backed into the wall and ricky's arms frame my head against it. our faces are serious now, our breathing heavy while we stare at each other. we stay like this for what feels like forever, both of us waiting for the other to do something. ricky shifts his weight off of me, looking like he's going to walk away.

"waitt, comee back." i say, tugging at his shirt as he leans off to pull him back over. ricky smiles, pressing his forehead against mine while i wrap my arms around his head, my hands meeting behind his neck. i lean in and finally close the gap between our faces.

i can't stop smiling while his mouth works against mine though, making him move down to the side of my neck. his curly hair tickles my cheek, making me giggle.

"what?" he breathes out with a smile as he pulls away just a little to look at me. i hum in response and tilt my head back so he can kiss me again, already missing the feeling. ricky leans in and peppers my neck all over with kisses, purposely making sure that his hair is all up in my face.

"ricky!" i giggle. he uses my laughter as an opportunity to pick me up by the waist and spin us around--or tries to at least, before losing his balance and tripping onto the unmade bed.

the rest of the night is just one big blur, all of my memories seeped together into one big blob of mush. i do, however, remember a few glimpses--and yeah..so much for slow.