11. sports

𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱?

𝗺𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱

== n i n i 's p o v ==

i take a shaky, anxious breath as i walk out of the house, hooking up the company card to one of those public electronic scooters. i'm way too antsy to just sit and ride in a taxi--and besides, if there's one thing i've learned after all these missions, it's safer to not take a random taxi by yourself after dark. as i'm riding towards the castle, i have no choice but to overthink what just happened.

i told myself i wouldn't do this.

what's sad is that i knew this was coming. i knew, that first day, that something like this would happen. because he's ricky bowen. and i'm..myself. what makes me even madder is that ricky knew too. but he just doesn't care--because who cares if something's not going to end well?! the whole middle part is going to be awesome! so with his logic, he just tries to kiss me! without warning! fullproof! luckily, i didn't fall for his whole:

let me turn on the radio!!

i'll come up from behind you and breathe on your neck grab the ladle for our dinner!!

i memorized the memo from corporate!!!

you look great!!

i made you breakfast in bed!!

i'll pull you close and hold your hand like i used to,

and then i'll try and kiss you!!!!!!"

the royal castle in paris, france

i arrive at the castle, parking the electronic scooter and rushing inside. i'm running late, and i promised ashlyn and gina i'd cover for them on the night shift. i may be lying to them about everything, but i've kind of made a connection to them over the past few weeks? i don't know. usually i try not to get too attached--or really even attached at all--but it's different with them. i have my cleaning supplies in a bag clutched against my chest as i speedwalk through the halls, trying to make my way to the maids quarters. out of no where, i'm rammed into a figure in a dark hoodie. i drop my bag, the contents spilling all over the floor. he catches me by the waist, lifting me up without warning and quickly hiding us behind a corner.

"what are you-" i look up to see none other than prince caswell's face, again.

"SHH!" he puts his hand over my mouth, peering around the corner to see if anyone saw what happened.

"this is like, borderline sexual harassment, you know," i joke, my voice muffled through his hand.

"shit," he says, referring to the spilled contents of my work bag.

"i should really go pick those up, good luck with..whatever you're doing," i say, gently prying his hand off of my mouth and leaning off of him.

"no, wait, i'll just get someone to clean that up," the prince grabs my hand as i walk away, turning me around.

"you do realize that i'm the one who has to clean that up, right?" i shake his hand away from mine, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"come on, i won't tell anyone," he gestures for me to come with him, and for some reason i follow the prince over to an open window. the prince climbs out first, and helps me out onto the rooftop ledge after.