dog in a fish costume

"if you sing one more song i will open the door and throw you out." semi threatened when you searched your playlists for a song.

"oh lighten up, i'm officially free of my parents and now I get to live and annoy you everyday." you said and glanced out the window.

tall buildings passed by along with shorter ones. parks and cars. people walking their dogs and others going for a run.

it was pretty dark since it was nine at night, but the streetlights lit up the streets pretty well. "we're here anyway." he said and pulled into a parking garage.

"if you think i'm walking around here at night then you're crazy." you said and stayed in the car while semi walked out.

"it's just for today so we can get all your shit out." semi gestured towards the boxes and bags that were in the trunk and backseat.

"good." you got out of the car and rushed to semi's side. "i hate parking garages. they're so sketchy."

"carry this." semi dropped a box into your arms and you got a grip of it before it could fall. he placed one bag on top of the box and then put one onto your shoulders. "one trip."

he carried two boxes and one bag. you both made your way to the elevator and he pressed on the sixth floor.

"what is in this?" semi asked and shifted the boxes in his arms. "rocks or something?"

"my pet rock, yes." the doors opened and semi led the way to his apartment. it was close to the end of the hall, about two apartments away.

he placed the boxes on the ground and unlocked the door. using his foot, he pushed the boxes in after the door was open.

"no way." something immediately caught your eye.

a huge bean bag chair

you jumped onto it and let yourself drown in the chair. semi grumbled and got everything into the apartment.

"thanks for the help." he said sarcastically and turned on the lights.

"i carried them upstairs. all you did was push them in with your foot." you grabbed a blanket and threw it over yourself.

"do you want to sleep on that instead? then i wouldn't have to give you your one room."

"no. can i have this in my room?" you were comfortable here.

"come on." he moved your stuff down the hallway and you followed him.

"can we get a dog?" you asked and laid down on your bed. "or some type of pet?"

"a fish."

"a dog."

"fish."

"dog."

"fish, then you can go walk it." he quoted the text you sent him two years ago.

"how about a dog in a fish costume."

"a fish costume..?" he asked and paused taking things out of the boxes to look at you.

"yes. you wont even notice the difference." you got up to help him since the boxes were filled with all your things.

"it's not like a dog is ten times bigger in a fish in any way." he said and threw a hoodie in your face.

you pulled it down and froze when he pulled out another one. "since when do you own this many hoodies?" he asked and passed the box to the side.

"i always have a lot." you said and threw the hoodie into the box with the others. you pushed the box into the back of your closet and opened another box.

"we can go to the grocery store tomorrow. and furniture." semi said and checked the clock.

"and pet."

"no."

surprise surprise

14 hours later you and semi were in the animal shelter. semi's attention was on the cats while you were interested in the many puppies.

"i want them all." you said when semi moved to lean against the wall next to you.

"you can barely take care of yourself let alone another living thing." semi referred to this morning when you ran into the door.

"i just woke up." you defended yourself and looked down at the dog that crawled into your lap.

it was a little jack russell terrier puppy who was laying on your lap. "semi."

"we said we were only looking." he said and crossed his arms. at the exact same time the puppy looked over at semi. "oh fuck no."

he looked away, avoiding the puppy's eyes. then he looked back for one second and cursed again. "okay fine, but you're taking care of it."

"oh you're such a great actor." you said and picked the puppy up.

"one day living with you and we now have a puppy before food." semi shook his head.

"i've seen you've taken a liking in ollie." the employee said when she noticed you holding.

"yup."

"let's get this over with." semi let out a dramatic sigh.

"you sound like a man going through his third divorce." you said and stood up.

"oh shut up."

after you two got ollie adopted semi drove to the nearby grocery store. you handed ollie over to semi and got into the cart.

semi let ollie into the cart with you and pushed the cart through the aisles. people gave the three of you weird looks and you already knew some of the old people were thinking you two were a couple.

"you two are adorable together." there it is.

"we're cousins." you both said at the same time in disgust.

"oh." she paused. "well you two are a nice pair of cousins..?" she sounded confused.

"um, thank you." semi nodded awkward and pulled the cart backwards. he walked all the way to the other side of the store and got things from there.

ollie was moving all around the cart, interested in seeing something besides the cage in the animal shelter.

after an hour and the two of you fighting over what to buy and be disgusted at each other's food opinions, you finally made it out of the store.

"i never want to do that ever again." he said and opened the trunk of his car.

"says the one who combines m&m's and skittles together in one bowl!"

"okay and?"

"not to mention you drink water after eating mints." you accused.

"it feels weird in a good way." he shrugged and closed the trunk. he made you get out before returning the cart.

"you're weird for that." ollie had fallen asleep so you put him back in his cage and closed the door.

"you try it." semi opened a compartment in his car and pulled out a pack of mints and grabbed a water bottle.

"i think i'm good." you looked out the window and saw that there were a lot more people out now. and cars. and motorcycles.

miles away, a familiar person had just stepped out of the airport. he ran his hand through his hair and put his suitcase into the taxi before getting inside.

his phone rang and he looked down at the caller id. "hey shittykawa."

。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚
daddy's back 🤓