e: favorite uncle

~ two years later ~

you were sitting on the bed while hajime was in the shower. you had a box in your hands and were rethinking your idea.

it wouldn't be too late to throw it off the balcony.

then hajime walked out with a towel around his waist and your mind got sidetracked. there were water droplets trailing down his chest and disappeared when they reached the towel.

"you're staring." he pointed out as if you didn't know that you were.

"i know." you dropped your gaze down onto the box when he pulled a pair of boxers and sweatpants on, forgetting about a shirt.

"what's in the box?" he walked over to the bed and sat down next to you. you just groaned and dropped facedown onto the mattress, trying to find the blanket to throw over yourself.

haru and ollie came running through the bedroom door before running back out. ollie was the one chasing after the bigger dog despite his size.

"come on." hajime's hand landed on your thigh. "what's inside?"

inside me? nothing, just a baby. our baby.

"here." you held out the box and turned to the side so you could watch his reaction. he took the box into his hand and you were suddenly more interested in his hands.

one hand had his wedding ring and the other had the dino ring. your hands were the same.

hajime tore off the lid of the box and you had covered the actual surprise with tissue paper. when that was all out of the way, he stared down at the box.

"surprise." you mumbled into the mattress and finally got a hold of the blanket to throw over yourself. you stayed under the blanket while hajime continued looking down at the box in shock.

when he finally got over his shock of your gift, he lifted up the blanket and looked down at you. "you're... pregnant." he placed the box with the pregnancy stick onto the bedside table.

"did you not see the stick?"

"i saw the stick." he raised you up so you were now sitting.

"our kid is in there." you poked your stomach and looked over to hajime who was looking down at your stomach. "it's weird. some day i'm gonna have to pop out this baby after it's been inside me for nine months."

"yeah, but it's our baby." he leaned closer to you and kissed your forehead. "now i have to take even more care of you."

"can you carry me everywhere?"

"if i must."

"then take me to the kitchen." you raised your arms up and hajime shook his head with a smile before standing up with you in his arms. "we should probably tell your parents and our friends."

"let's just keep this our little secret for now. everyone is going to be surrounding you. i don't want people taking you away from me." you wrapped your arms around his neck and leaned your head against his chest.

hajime let you down in the kitchen and you sat down next to ollie who was drinking water out of his water bowl. "fine, i'm telling the dogs though." you picked ollie up and placed him into your lap.