sir

"they're gonna burn, they're gonna burn, they're gonna burn, they're gonna burn." you said repeatedly while pacing back and forth.

"theyre not even in the oven yet." hajime said, amused.

"then what's the burning smell?"

"probably in another apartment." he waved his hand.

"well that's reassuring." you two had gone back to his place after the arcade and reiji wasn't home. "where's reiji?"

"he's not gonna be home until tomorrow morning. has something important to do."

"oh. okay." you nodded and fumbled with something that was inside your pocket. you had gotten it right after you got here, jumping over the balconies since it was in your room.

you sat down on the counter next to the fridge and watched him as he put the cookies into the oven.

starting to feel real nostalgic right now

hajime's eyes flicked up to you after he closed the oven and leaned forward onto the counter next to you.

"so, i have something for you." he said.

"same."

"on three?" he asked and you nodded. "well actually i think on one would make more sense. since it's a countdown and everything."

"just count." you bit you lip to keep your smile from showing.

"right, okay. three, two, one."

you had his old dinosaur ring and he had a ring pop. within a second his lips was about three inches from yours.

"will you be my girlfriend again?"

"i don't know, will you be my boyfriend again?"

"i think we both know the answer to that." he grinned as you grabbed his hand and slipped the ring back onto his finger. he handed you the ring pop and you placed it down on the counter.

your arms went around his neck and pulled him closer to you. "wanna recreate our first date?" you asked and he grabbed your thighs, wrapping them around his hips.

"wait, they're actually gonna burn." you said and pointed at the oven.

hajime pouted and slowly put you back on the counter. "i missed you though." he said and lowered his lips to your jaw, placing kisses along your jawline.

"just wait a couple more minutes." you said and let your hands bury themselves in his hair. he looked back up at you and you brushed your thumb under his eye.

you could see through his green eyes that his pupils were dilated. like he was high or something.

"are you not gonna kiss me until the cookies are done?" he asked and returned his lips to your jaw.

"you really don't know how to be patient do you?" you asked.

"i've been waiting for two years now. i think that was patient enough." his hand trailed down to the hem of the shirt you were wearing.

"and why was that?"

"because i was stupid and broke up with you."

"good boy."

"you make me sound like a fucking dog."

"maybe then i'll like you better than haru and ollie." you joked and his jaw dropped. you smiled and kissed his nose as an unspoken apology.

"okay, but not pressuring you or anything. i just really fucking want you right now. and you in my shirt isn't making it any better."

you changed into one of his shirts after the date to get more comfortable.