dandelions - Charles Leclerc.

Charles and I have been friends ever since we were kids. It didn't take me that long time to realise that feel something more for him than just plain friendship. Maybe it's because of the way he says my name or the way he plays his games, or perhaps it's because when ​he's looking at me, I've never felt so alive and free. I'm not even so sure what makes him that attractive.

I remember my mama saying that there's a love that's so special and comes just once in a lifetime. And I'm pretty sure that he is that love of mine because I've never known anybody like him. I've never dreamed of nobody like him.

When I was little, we used to spent some time in a field of dandelions. I always rushed to pick a dandelion so I could close my eyes, make a wish, and blow the seeds into the air because the legend has it that if you can blow all the seeds off a dandelion with a single breath, then the person you love will love you back. Obviously, I was wishing on every one that he'd be mine.

As we got older, things changed a lot. We weren't that close as we used to be, mainly because he was gone for a long time. He was even living for a while in Italy, and I missed him for every second. I remember how my parents forced me to go with them to a garden party. God, I hated those kinds of things, but when we arrived, I spotted him. Casually standing near a table with brunch. A white shirt fitted him closely, black chino trousers, and as always white sneakers. A brief smile appeared on his lips during a conversation with some man. I could tell he didn't change a lot. He was still having the same haircut, the same sparks in his eyes, and that same Monegasque accent.

When our eyes met, I could tell he froze for a second, but so did I. By the time I collected myself, he was already in front of me. I immediately fell into his arms. He hugged me tightly, pressing me against his chest. I felt how he left one small kiss on my hair. When he loosened his grip, I looked into his eyes again. I could still see forever in them.

I thought how we'd talk about everything as we used to, but the only thing that we handled was just stupid small talk. How is school? Do you still live in the same place? Eventually, we were talking about racing. He was so excited that he graduated to single-seaters. I didn't really know what that means since racing wasn't my kind of thing. Charles tried multiple times to explained to me when we were little, but I guess I just wasn't interested. And though we didn't have that bond we used to, I still picked a dandelion on my way back home.

Another four years passed, and things were completely different. I was no longer living in Monaco. Charles became a memory that was slowly fading away. We used to call each other every month, but then he got busier and busier, and calls became less and less frequent.

I saw him on television a few times while my housemates were watching the race. According to them, he was doing super good for being a rookie. They were almost sure that Ferrari would sign him for next year, and at the end of the season, it turned out that they were right.

Next year I found myself at Silverstone thanks to my crazy housemates. Wandering with them through the busy paddock with a VIP pass around my neck. When I agreed to this trip, I didn't even think about meeting him there. Well, frankly, I even doubted that he would recognise me.

But out of a sudden, he was walking towards us. Ray-ban sunglasses on nose, red racing suit clearly signalling that he's a Ferrari driver. He's changed a lot since I last saw him. His skin looked more tanned, and thanks to the stubble on his face, he looked older. He was definitely taller and fitter. He stopped by our group because Connor and Luke wanted to take a picture with him. A smile appeared on his face. I could tell he wanted to leave, but then he noticed me. He even took off his sunglasses to make sure it was really me.

"Y/N? Is it really you?" He asked me. His French sounded still as good as I remembered. It's been a long time since I've heard French, so it kinda warmed my heart.

"Yes... ehm, it's nice to see you again?" It was supposed to be a normal sentence, but because of my uncertainty, it sounded more like a question. But he didn't hesitate for a moment and immediately pulled me into his arms. It was nice to be pressed against his chest again. Somehow it felt like coming home. I was fully aware that I would have to explain this situation to my friends later because I had somehow forgotten to mention to them that I grew up in Monaco with him.

"Are you kidding me? It's more than just nice to see you again. I've missed you, you know? I'm kinda busy right now, but would you mind waiting for me? I would really like to take you out and chat for a bit as in the old days." He suggested, and I just nodded in agreement. He gave me one last smile before he walked away, leaving me alone with my nosy friends.

"I think I know one place that you'll like." He said, grabbing my hand and leaving the circuit. I need to admit that he looked breathtaking. A white bandana was holding his hair up from his face, matching with his oversized white hoodie. Skinny jeans fitted him closely, leaving me adoring his muscular legs.

We stopped at the field full of dandelions. A wide smile appeared on my lips because he remembered. I definitely wasn't expecting that. We sat down and started talking as we used to. Time was flying, and before I knew it, it was already eight in the evening.

"You have been doing that ever since we were kids." He chuckled for a bit when I blew the seeds of a dandelion into the air. "Who do you wish for?" This question surprised me. I had been about to answer when he picked a dandelion as well. He closed his eyes and blew gently into the seeds, causing every single one of them to fly away.

"I've been doing that as well. Whenever you weren't looking, I blew the seeds away, and you know what? I still wish for the same person." He confessed.

"Well, I still do wish for the same person too, and I've got the sneaky feeling that those wishes are truly working." I said and leaned towards him. Our lips touched, and Charles pulled me even closer.

"Yep, they're definitely working." He whispered to my mouth before putting his lips on mine once again.

♥︎daily reminder♥︎