still in love - Pierre Gasly.

You smiled when you spotted Pierre with supermarket flowers in his hand. For some, it might seem cheap, but for you two, it was a tradition. It started with your first date. You still remember how nervous and cute Pierre was. And just like now, he was waiting in front of your house with supermarket flowers in his hand.

"You look so wonderful in that dress," he said with a boyish grin on his face. Not much has changed since you were 17. You were still getting lost in his opal-coloured eyes. You were still giggling at his stupid jokes, and his compliments made you weak in your knees.

You remember how you called your father. You and Pierre were together in Italy, and after one night you realised that he was the one, so you gathered your courage and called him. You told him you think you had found the right one. You had found the one who deserves your heart.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself," you admitted. It was a bit weird to be on a date with Pierre again. You two broke up two years ago on good terms. People say that you cannot be friends with your ex, but you were friends. You were a bit surprised that he invited you on a date but, on the other hand, why not give it another chance? He was the best lover you ever had.

"I love your hair like that - the way it falls on the side of your neck, down your shoulders and back." Another compliment left his mouth. He was fully aware he was so cliché, but he just couldn't help it. You really looked stunning that night.

---

"Thank you so much for this night," you said to Pierre when he stopped his car in front of your apartment building. Pierre was astounded when he looked at you. The light from the street lamps fell on your velvety skin. There were sparks of excitement dancing in your eyes.

"You look so beautiful in this light," he flattered you. He was so good with it. It was a thing that Frenchmen knew way too well. He knew how to make you weak in your knees.

"Do you really wanna go home so soon? Maybe we should take a ride through the night and sing along to every song that's on the radio," he offered after a long silence. He didn't want to let you go just yet. This evening was way too great for him to end it. He needed just a few more hours living in his dreams.

"You know what? Let's do it." His car started moving again. You didn't know where you were going, but you didn't mind. You felt safe with Pierre.

"Why did you break up with me?" he asked you while looking at the road. He needed to know the answer to this question. It was killing him that he didn't know that.

"I had talked to Sarah before I made my decision. She thought you were underperforming in Red Bull because of me. I knew how important it was for you, so I just tried to make it better for you, but then even more shits happened," you blurted out. You didn't want to talk about Anthoine. It was still an emotional topic for Pierre.

"What did she know about that, Y/N? What did she know about how I felt?" He was frustrated. Sarah didn't know anything. He hated that you were surrounded by all those lies and people who talked too much.

"If I could change it, I would. I wouldn't have trusted her this time. It was a mistake," you whispered. You should've known that Sarah didn't know anything about Pierre's feelings. You wanted the best for him, but you did the exact opposite.

"We can still change that. It's not like we can turn back time, but we can give it another chance." He dared to put his hand on your thigh. You just smiled at him, letting him know that he didn't overstep the line. It was nice to feel his touch again.

"Would you like to go upstairs?" you asked him when his car stopped again in front of your apartment building.

"I would love to." That was it. You didn't need anything else. You ran the stairs to your apartment. You quickly unlocked the door, letting Pierre go inside. Without any warning, he put your lips on his and slowly let them shut. It seemed like they were designed to be together. With his body next to yours, your hearts beat as one.

"Oh, we're still in love, aren't we?" you whispered in his ear. His hands were in your hair, pulling you closer to him.

♥︎daily reminder♥︎