boring - Charles Leclerc.

You were walking through the quiet streets of Monaco. It was half-past twelve, so the majority of people were either at work or lunch. You sauntered down the road with two big bags from Prada. Shopping there was your guilty pleasure since you could afford it.

A lot of your friends questioned your decision to live in Monaco. For them, life there seemed dull, and actually, they were right. But it was something you wanted - boredom. You were so tired of the busy world.

For people outside of Monaco, it maybe looked like a city full of life. The breathtaking casino and port full of luxurious sails made it attractive for others. But after some time, it just became a part of your everyday life. Monte Carlo was just a city like any other.

You just made a quick stop at your home. You left your bags from Prada in the bedroom and changed into your golfing outfit. It had to be a quick stop because you had already call an uber before you were even at home. It was another thing that your friends didn't understand. You didn't have a driving licence.

Your friends would also say it's so typical to play golf when you're rich. A little did they know you actually started to play to piss them off. But then it sort of began to be your obsession, and there you were with 8-handicap and a bunch of fake friends.

"That was a decent shot. Do you play professionally?" You got interrupted by a guy your age. He seemed to be fitting there even though you haven't seen him there before.

"Thanks. No, I don't. What about you?" You asked him hesitantly.

"Certainly not. I don't have that much time to practice." He was tall, brunet with greenish eyes. His English was influenced quite a lot by his French accent, making you adore him.

"Oh, that would explain why I haven't seen you here before." You were thinking out loud.

"Yeah, I'm away quite a lot," he explained without being asked for it. He seemed so extroverted.

"A time-consuming work?" you wondered when you were already engaged in conversation with him.

"Yep. What about you? Are you here often?"

"Almost every day this year. I needed a break from the world," you explained. Sometimes he'd need the break as well, but he just had to keep going. In Formula One, there wasn't a time for a break.

"Some struggles with life?" he asked again. You always despited people who were so curious, but you were oddly okay with him asking.

"Yeah, sort of. I used to be a model. I was travelling around the world listening to how everyone criticises things I did. Even my friends did. All I remember about that job is how lonely I was." He occasionally was lonely as well, but he was lucky because he was on the grid with another nineteen drivers. They all had at least one passion in common, so he found someone to talk to almost every time.

"I can relate so much. I'm racing for the Ferrari f1 team, and last year we struggled a lot. I read so much stuff about myself. Trust me when I say the best thing is to ignore everyone. They don't know shit." he muttered. He wasn't familiar with the modelling world, but he was pretty much sure that journalists are always the same. They are always looking for your mistakes and weaknesses. 

"Your motto? They don't know shit?" You laughed out while repeating his words. It sounded reasonable, tho. They certainly didn't know shit about you or your life to comment on it. Suddenly, you couldn't believe their audacity.

"Pretty much. Together with 'the most stunning girls are often found at the golf course'." He was excellent at courtship, and you could see it.

"Someone has their mojo working," you let out a few giggles.

"What can I say? I'm just charming."

"I wouldn't dare to doubt that." And then there was silence. You played for a bit together, but nothing major - just a few quick holes before calling it quits for that day.

"Give me a minute. I need to call an Uber," you said to him when you were about to leave the golf course. You were already looking for your phone when he offered a lift to you. You politely declined, but he insisted.

Going through the Monaco streets in his Ferrari Roma made you think about getting a driving licence. He didn't bother asking you for your address. Instead, he just drove to his apartment and invited you over. You didn't mind since you could use some company after being alone for so long.

"This is not exactly how I was picturing my boring evenings in Monaco," you confessed to him. Normally, you would sit on your sofa and drink a glass of red wine while watching some stupid series on Netflix. You loved to watch something easy since it made you feel you how at least some respect for yourself, unlike those actors.

"I'm sure I know how to be boring if you want." You found it hard to believe since everything around him seemed so interesting for you. He was willingly risking his life because he loved racing in fast cars. What your mindset needs to be to do such a thing?

"I think I can handle some excitement for today. Tomorrow can be another boring day," you said calmly.

"I can be definitely exciting," he exclaimed with a smirk on his face causing you to bit your lower lip.

"Wanna show me that?" It didn't take long, and his lips were already pressed against yours. You weren't sure whether this is just a one-night thing or something more, but you refused to think about it. You wanted to enjoy that night without worrying about the future.

♥︎daily reminder♥︎

I'm not really happy with this one

I'm not really happy with this one. Sorry.