starving - Lando Norris.

"Have you eaten anything today?" you softly asked your boyfriend and planted a kiss on his temple. Lando was still in the sim, so you doubted that the answer would be positive. He was working too much in your opinion, but you didn't want to start an argument about it.

"No, I was busy," he quickly replied while still driving. Sometimes you wonder if he ever took you as his racing engineer when you talked to him when he was racing in the sim. That thought made you smile.

"I can cook something really quick," you offered to him without thinking. You were tired from university, but you knew that Lando wouldn't make himself anything to eat without you.

"I'm not really hungry, but thank you, love," he said and put his headset back on. It was a sign that he was done talking to you. You struggled with this at the beginning of your relationship. It always seemed to you way too offensive from Lando, but the longer you've been with him, you realised he didn't mean it wrong. It was just his way how to shut down the world around him. Sometimes he needed a break from everything.

---

"You lost some weight recently," you said when Lando took off his t-shirt. His ribs were jutting out more than ever before. You had already noticed that a few weeks ago, but you didn't dare to comment on that.

"Not really," he said and quickly put on his oversized t-shirt for sleep. It was another thing that changed. He used to sleep shirtless, but suddenly he was wearing a t-shirt all the time. He also started to wear more oversized clothes than before. It took you some time, but then you finally realised that he was hiding his body.

"Can you put that T-shirt off for me?" you asked him gently. You had to be careful, and you knew it.

"Why?" he was suddenly so cautious. You could see fear in his eyes. He instinctively wrapped his arms around his torso.

"Oh, I just want to admire your perfect body," you were cautious about your words. You knew that this was a really touchy subject. You thought that Lando would really take his t-shirt off, but it seemed that your words had a completely different effect. He turned around, so you only saw his back.

"Lando?" you almost whispered. You wanted him to turn around, but then you heard a sob leaving his mouth. The first warm tear streamed down his cheek, but you weren't able to see that. You quickly made your way to him. You wrapped your arms around his torso and kissed him on the shoulder blade. He was so fragile at that moment.

"What happened, my love?" you asked him.

"I don't really know. I don't know how that happened." His voice was quiet. He was telling the truth. He indeed couldn't remember the turning point. "I was so busy lately, and I just forgot to eat from time to time," he admitted and then there was silence. You didn't want to disturb him. You knew that he was only searching for the right words. "And then Jon said to me that I had done a great job with losing those kilos I had put on during the off-season, and then I realised I actually do look better like that. I said to myself that losing some more weight wouldn't hurt, but then it got out of hand," he quickly explained. Tears were streaming down his face. How could he let it go this far?

"Oh, my lovely lost boy. That's alright. We will fix it." Your hands made him turn around, so you were finally able to see his face. It didn't last long because he hugged you and hid his head again. You could feel that he wanted to be held.

"Do you remember that crash in Turkey during free practice? I fainted in the car, but I was too afraid to tell anyone about it, so I just blamed everything else instead. I'm sorry I put myself out there when there was a chance that you might've lost me because of my stupid decisions. I'm really sorry," he apologised. There was no point in being mad at him.

"Jezz, Lando, please never do that again. Please," you begged him. You couldn't imagine your life without him in it. He was your light. "I will make us some food, love. Is that okay?" He just simply nodded, and that was enough for you.

"I will eat one bite, you will eat one bite, yeah? We are in this together. Let's make our bellies happy," you said with a smile on your face. That was enough to make Lando smile as well. You ate one bite, and he ate another. You knew that it would be a long journey, but he showed interest in changing his habits and that was the most important thing.

♥︎daily reminder♥︎

I'm impatiently waiting for the race

I'm impatiently waiting for the race. Hopefully, we will see an exciting and fair battle ❤️