let you know - Max Verstappen.

"On a champion," you heard someone shout, and that meant only one thing. Everyone should lift their glasses and drink on Max. He won the championship just a few hours earlier. His dreams finally came true.

You didn't hesitate and downed the shot of vodka while drinking your pink gin tonic. You definitely need it since Kelly was all over Max. He was her champion now. Perhaps she was finally happy.

"Excuse me, do you think I can have another one, please?" you asked the waiter politely. You even dared to smile at him, and you were delighted when you saw that he smiled at you too. Maybe he was surviving this evening just like you.

"Here you go. I said to the barman to make it strong. I've figured out that you might need it." The waiter winked at you before walking away. Did you really look that desperate?

"Oh, she just can't keep her hands to herself," you said out loud to yourself while watching Kelly all over Max. She was the proud girlfriend, after all.

You have known Max ever since you were teens. Your dad worked in F1 for many years, so it was no wonder you knew drivers personally. You weren't friends with most of them since they were old or just too busy. But it was different with Max. He was the same age as you and he was Dutch just like you. You created a close bond between each other.

You never wanted to admit it, but you fell for Max. You were delighted when he hugged you tight after a victory. You couldn't stop smiling when he called you out of the blue in the middle of the night just to talk to you. You felt butterflies when he kissed you on top of your head. You felt happy every time he asked you to write to him that you made it home safely. But you knew that this love wasn't mutual. He loved Dilara, and then he loved Kelly.

You couldn't talk about it to anyone. You kept it hidden inside you, but it was killing you. You thought that maybe just maybe, if you told him, he would say to you that he loved you too. But you didn't dare to do that.

Perhaps it was the alcohol in your blood or the dizziness in your brain that convinced you that you should go to Max and tell him. You ordered another drink for courage.

The party was almost over when you decided it was the right time to approach Max. Kelly finally left his side, so you jumped down from the bar stool. That helped you discover that you weren't in the best condition. The world was slightly spinning, and from time to time, it became a bit blurry.

"I love you, Max. I love you," you just let out when you approached him. It was suddenly so easy to let these words go. It felt so easy to confess it out loud. You didn't expect that.

"Why are you telling me this?" he exclaimed. You thought he would be drunk enough, and he would just simply let it be, but he wasn't. He seemed to be okay even though he drank a lot, in your opinion.

"Because I thought you should know," you said as if it was crystal clear. It was the reason. You didn't expect him to say these words back to you or that he would fall into your arms. You just wanted to let him know.

"Because you thought I should know?" He repeated your words slowly, trying to take in their full meaning, but you doubted he could.

"Because I wanted you to know," you blurted out. "cause I wanted you to know. I wanted you to know," you repeatedly mumbled while walking away from him.

♥︎daily reminder♥︎