light - Lando Norris.

It was the middle of March, and that meant Lando was leaving you for preseason testing. You were watching him packing his stuff in your bedroom. Your wardrobe seemed suddenly so empty without his clothes in it. He was saying to you: it's just for a couple of weeks. You wanted to believe him so bad, but you were glued to the floor wishing you two would have more nights.

"Do you wanna go for a ride for the last time before I leave?" he asked you while zipping his luggage. You quickly nodded, trying to hold back your feelings.

You were riding around the same old streets in the same car, passing by the closed down shops and your favourite bar. You were sitting next to Lando on the passenger's seat. He was wearing the hoodie that you bought him when you moved away from home. The pink hoodie with a small cute drawing of avocado. Lando loved it. You were trying really hard to forget about the part he was leaving, but you weren't able to.

Even in the dark, you saw his face, thanks to streetlights. He bore a slight smile on his face, so you know he was lost in his thoughts. This whole situation was a bit bittersweet because you could see how happy and excited he was to go racing again. His childish grin when he was talking about the new McLaren was something that made you happy. 

"We are gonna be fine," Lando said while focusing on the road. You wanted to think the same, but you weren't sure how you'd manage it after being with him constantly due to covid.

"I just wanna freeze the time or change the seasons." Oh, you would give everything for another winter with him.

"Well, I'm afraid we aren't able to do that." A giggle escaped from his mouth. You didn't talk too much to keep it simple and slow. You were just enjoying the presence of the other one. He wasn't saying goodbye, but you know you won't see him soon.

The following morning you went with him to the airport. You were hugging each other for the last time for a while. His perfume made you close your eyes for a bit. Before you could say anything, he took a step back and took his hoodie off.

"Here, put it on. I have another one in my carry on." He was always so attentive, and you found it super adorable.

"Thank you, and please call me when you get to the hotel," you said softly.

It was half-past eleven when your phone started ringing. The classic Apple ringtone seemed to be more annoying than ever before. A soft yawn and a sigh of frustration left your mouth because you knew you wouldn't manage to get back to sleep anytime soon. Even though you were already wide awake, you decided not to answer the call. It rang for a minute, and when it stopped, you were thanking God. You were hoping that whoever was calling you would give up. It almost looked like that, but then it started ringing again. In your head, you began to plan a cruel death for that person, but then you looked at the screen, and you saw Lando's face. It was a photo that you took on your vacation in Dubai. A breeze was playing with his hair. A wide smile and sparkles in his eyes lighted up your world. Sun was setting down, and you knew he's the one.

"Hey," you greet him sleepily.

"Oh, shit, did I wake you up, baby?" By his laugh, you could tell he was fully aware that he would wake you up.

"It's alright. I'm more surprised that you're calling me again. Also, shouldn't you be sleeping? It's half-past one in Bahrain, right?" You're sure he'll regret it tomorrow morning when Jon will wake him for the training.

"Yeah, it's, but I have one important thing to tell you," he announces seriously, and you get disturbed. You know how much of a clumsy person Lando is, so you wouldn't be surprised if he somehow hurts himself.

"Is everything okay? Did something happen to you?" You ask worriedly.

"Nah, I'm still in one piece," he jokes, and a smile grows on your face. "But I wanted to tell you that I love you." There's silence between you two for a bit because you expected him to continue.

"Lando Norris, did you really wake me up to tell me you love me? Did you know that your phone is so smart that it can send texts?" You try to appear annoyed, but your heart is actually melting.

"But it's different when you say it," he chuckles.

"You're an idiot, Lan," you say with a laugh. He's an idiot, but he's your idiot. You are too busy loving him because this love is all you think of.

"I'm not gonna lie. I'm trying to put a smile on your face. Mainly by being an idiot." He's always succeeding. It's one of the reasons why you would never let him go. He's your light.

♥︎daily reminder ♥︎