you're really just my enemy - Daniel Ricciardo.

"So I'm lookin' through my memories, fallin' into jealousy
How can I miss you? You're really just my enemy
Breakin' apart, but I gotta hold my legacy
And I don't wanna die young I know that's not my destiny." That was what you heard after opening an Instagram story of your ex-boyfriend. He was sitting in his car with a few friends singing out loud to this song. According to his surroundings, you could guess that he was heading to Monza because you were driving on the same road an hour ago.

You didn't know the song, so you had to go online and search for the lyrics. It started with a line: another pointless song about someone who doesn't give a shit about me. If he sang even this part, it was such an irony. He was the one who didn't give a shit about you.

It seemed a still bit ridiculous that you two worked in the same place. Thankfully not for the same team. You were working in Reb Bull as a social media manager. It was the reason why you two met back in the days. It was fun to hide it in front of everyone, but you were grateful when Daniel left Red Bull because you could finally make the relationship public. But after making it public, your relationship lasted a year and a few months. Maybe you should've kept it secret.

You occasionally crossed each other's path in the paddock. Neither of you was sure how to behave one to another. You felt that tension between the two of you. There were things you haven't resolved or spoken about even though you haven't been together for something over a year. That just made things even weirder.

You didn't know how you should feel about Max and Daniel being 1 - 2. It reminded you of the time when they both were still in Red Bull. It reminded you of the time you two were together, and you would cheer for him. Nowadays, you cheered for Max. But then he appeared next to him on the front row, and you kinda wish him the victory.

Daniel was in the lead after the start, and it felt right for you. You liked to see him up there, but after a while, your attention went back to Max. He needed to keep it in front of Lewis, but then the horrendous pitstop put him behind Hamilton. You knew this would be trouble when you saw Hamilton leaving pits and Max that was right behind him. This can't end up good, you thought, and you were right. They crashed out a few meters later. So, there was Daniel, leading the race once again. Two orange cars were in the front. It felt almost nostalgic to see McLaren doing so well. You just had to cheer for them.

Everyone from McLaren was so cheerful they invited you to celebrate the win with them. It was a bad weekend for Red Bull, so a drink didn't seem like that wrong idea.

"Y/N Y/L/N," Daniel shouted across the bar before he sat down next to you. It reminded you a lot of times when he was shouting the name of Nico Hülkenberg like this.

"Wait, I need to have a few more shots before this conversation," you giggled. There was already alcohol in your blood, but you were sure that you needed a little more before you started to talk to your ex. You quickly grabbed two shots from the table and drank them at once.

"Hello, Daniel. Congratulations on your win," you said calmly. Okay, maybe you should drink more than just two shots.

"Oh, thanks, but that's not what I want to talk about." His laugh was still as euphonic as you remember it. His brown eyes were still mesmerising, and you almost couldn't look away because of them.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" The question left your lips.

"I just need you to get out of my mind, or..." he started but didn't finish the sentence. He seemed to be distracted a little too much by you biting your lip.

"Or what? I thought I'm just your enemy," you were pointing to the lyrics he sang just a few hours ago.

"Yeah, you're. And do you know why? Because you constantly occupy my mind."

"Do I?" you asked him provocatively.

"I just need you around, or I need you gone." It was the truth. He couldn't take it anymore. He needed to be able to talk to you, touch you, or he needed you away from his life. It was torture for him to have you so close and yet so far away.

"I will give you one more chance, Ricciardo, but I'm telling you... if you mess this up again, you're a dead man walking." The threat in your voice was clearly hearable. You didn't want to be broken twice by the same man.

"Oh, don't worry, I won't. There's something about you I cannot resist," he said before he pressed his lips against yours.

♥︎daily reminder♥︎