just come home - Pierre Gasly.

"Is she the one? Is she the one you've been dreaming off?" You ask Pierre when you see him for the first time alone without his new girlfriend. Pierre is not surprised because he knows you're gonna be around. He's surprised by your outfit tho. It's so unusual for him to see you without something with the AlphaTauri logo. He's so used to seeing you in his team wear, supporting him on every occasion. But that's not true anymore. You're no longer his.

"We'll see about that." He answers your question quickly. His new relationship has taken over your world. You haven't had a day without torturing yourself with questions about her. Does she move his body like you moved his body? Does she make him feel wanted? Is she the one he has been waiting for? The thought of the answer to any of these questions could be yes terrifies you.

"You don't know yet?" You two didn't even officially break up. Neither of you could tell where things started to go badly, but in the end, you were more living next to each other than together. Neither of you saw the turning point. But it's been a while since you saw their photographs all around the internet for the first time. Not much changed since then. They both are always carrying smiles on their faces. Tears stormed in your eyes when you saw a photo of them from your favourite place. It was a place that you found with Pierre a few years ago. You agreed on not letting know anyone, but clearly, this promise was broken as well.

"I don't. It's not like with you." You can hear the sadness in his voice. Perhaps he's not happy with her.

You two seemed to click at the very first moment you met. You never run out of topic to talk about. The laughter was filling your conversation. It didn't take you long to realise that you two should be together. He's so charismatic, and you couldn't escape it.

"She is exactly your type." She's that girl that matched Pierre's description of the perfect girl. Blond hair, long skinny legs, tanned skin and perfect white teeth. You're a petite brunette with emerald eyes and a delightful smile. It made you sometimes wondering why he was with you. Even though you may not be matching his description, he loved you endlessly. From freckles on your face, through wrinkles when you smile to your hip dips that you've been insecure about.

"Yeah, but she isn't you," Pierre mumbles but regrets his words immediately. He shouldn't have said that. "Are you- are you seeing someone as well?" His voice is trembling. He looks like he isn't sure whether he wants to know the answer or no. Does it mean you two bleed the same?

"I just had a couple of dates. Nothing serious." You thought that moving on would be easier, but none of those guys was Pierre. None of them made you feel safe as him. None of them gave you the shivers and butterflies in your stomach. None of them knew what you need.

"Do you talk about the future the way we did? Is there room for me in it?" You ask him quietly. Does he see his future with her? Is it really over?

"There is," before you can apprehend his answer, his lips are already at yours. He's kissing you with the same passion as for the first time, and before you even know it, you're on your way to his motorhome. It doesn't take long to reach the bed.

"I fucking missed this." He's talking about you screaming his name. It somehow felt so right even after that long time. Once when he was in bed with Chloé, he found himself moaning your name. How embarrassing. But what can he say? You never left his mind.

"You're not the only one." A wide smile appears on your lips. "May I ask you something?" You turn around to see Pierre's face. He just nods. "What does this mean?" You asked him. Does this change something between you two?

"I want it so much to mean something." His voice is shaky. He struggles to let these words out. "I miss you. I can't even count how many times I closed my eyes, letting my mind fill with your voice. I could hear you teasing me like you were just feet away. At one point, it was the only thing that kept me alive, the thought of you."

"It meant something." You bite your lip. "In thinking of you, there is a steady sense of love, and enduring hope." Every second, every minute, every hour, of every single day, you missed him. Something you were doing, a conversation you were having, an image that crossed your mind, everything reminded you of him. Some days were easier than others to not have him around, but some days you just wanted to crawl into a ball and cry.

"I think you should call your girlfriend. It's time you had the talk." You say when there's silence for a bit.

"I know. I just never meant to hurt her." Pierre sighs. He has been so honest and kind all the time. You know he already can't bear the feeling that he cheated.

"I know, mon cœur," you reassure him without hesitation.

"I just wanted you to come home."

♥︎daily reminder♥︎