favourite crime - Max Verstappen.

As a performance engineer at Mercedes, you were forbidden to date anyone from a different team. You were familiar with this rule, and yet you broke it.

It started all innocent. Since you were raised in the Netherlands, you always tended to talk with people from there because of their mentality, and in the paddock was just one noticeable Dutch person. It all began with wishing each other a good race, continued with texting him every once and then, through sharing cheeky smiles when you two met, and it ended with you sleeping in his embrace, sneaking back to your room early the morning and kissing him between the trailers in the paddock when nobody was watching.

"I haven't seen this smile for a while." Lewis pointed out your delightful smile. How couldn't you be delightful after such a morning? You woke up in your boyfriend's bed, and you were on cloud nine just from the fact you two brushed your teeth together. Songs from Spotify were filling the hotel room, and you wanted to dance, so you did. It was refreshing not to care about anything for a moment, just dancing with Max while getting ready like every ordinary couple.

"Yeah, I had a really pleasant morning," You laughed out as you recalled all those Max's awkward dance moves. Awkward but adorable, you thought.

"Don't you want to share your secret with the team? They could use being beatific and cordial in the morning as you." That wasn't particularly true. Some people used to be excited about the whole day, the same as you today. Not everyone in the garage was grumpy.

"I'll keep it for myself." You quickly brushed the topic off. As much as dating Max was the best thing in your life, it was also a reason why you felt guilty. You both were breaking the rules, and that could lead to severe consequences. Well, presumably nothing would happen to Redbull's golden boy, but you were at much higher risk. You knew that one day you would have to come clean about your relationship. You were sure that's gonna be the end of your career in Mercedes. You weren't ready to quit now, but perhaps in a year or two, it'll be different.

Your smile grew wider when you saw Max walking towards you with his press officer. How could you two stay out of trouble when you were smiling at each other like teens in love? It didn't take long until a notification popped up on your phone.

Max: I'm wondering who put such a charming smile on your face

You: Just one guy with awkward dance moves

Max: I think you meant a smoking hot guy with the best dance moves ever

Giggle escaped from your mouth after reading that message. Before you managed to answer, another notification popped up.

Max: What euphonious giggles. I would love to hear that all day long

You couldn't help it to smile. Max was so good at making you blush. When you were putting your phone back in the back pocket, you noticed Lewis's joyful expression.

"What?" you asked him incomprehensibly. Your smile wasn't vanishing at all. You were just so happy.

"Nothing. I adore seeing you in love," he said while he tucked your hair behind your ear. You blushed, but then you understood what he actually said. He realised that you're in love. You didn't know whether he connected the dots and recognised that Max is your lover or not.

"What?" you asked him again, and Lewis couldn't help but chuckle. You were so delightful.

"I'm not blind, Y/N. I wasn't utterly sure, but you two confirmed it now," he said like it wasn't a big deal. He acted like your relationship with Max is a common thing. "I know that you're a wise girl, and you aren't betraying our team. We would notice if you did." He was honest with you, even though you weren't to him, but he understood why you weren't. You were a vital part of the team, and if you revealed some of the secrets to Red Bull, it would be visible on the track. "But still, I wouldn't mention it to Toto," Lewis joked.

"Yeah, I'm not planning on getting murdered any time soon," you joked back. You could imagine how pissed off Toto would be if he found out. "Does someone else know?" you dared to question him.

"Well, if you behave like this, it won't take long before others notice. No, I don't know about anyone." Lewis reassured you. "But can I ask you something?" he asked hesitantly.

"Shoot."

"How did you two get together? You're way too different. You're tender, humble, devoted, and Max is... just Max,"

"I don't know to be honest. We used to wish each other a good race, and then we exchanged our numbers. We talked more and more, and before I even realised that I was falling for him. My friend told me that we fall in love with the people who make us love the person we're when we're around them, and I love myself around him," you explained to Lewis with a smile on your face. Maybe you were a fool for risking your career for love, but you were sure that this love is worth it.

"I was about to ask if it's worth risking your job, but I guess I have my answer." he acknowledged. He cared about your happiness, and Max was obviously the one who made you happy.

"Yeah, he's my favourite crime." You whispered.

♥︎daily reminder♥︎

btw if you're looking for a brilliantly written book with Max Verstappen, check out The Bull Prince by water4lily ♥︎