talk this through - Charles Leclerc.

You were alone at Charles' apartment in Monaco. It wasn't anything unusual for you since your relationship isn't public. In the beginning, it didn't bother you. You were glad because you didn't want to deal with all the reactions of the public. But recently, you'd rather read hating comments than being home alone all the time. It was becoming unbearable to have him so close and yet so far away.

At first, you didn't mind a few nights out with his friends. After all, boys are boys, and they need some time together, but in the last couple of months, you didn't even want to know where he was spending his time. It was constantly on your mind, but you were tired of asking every time. Also, you didn't want to be a suspicious girlfriend.

But there you were, waiting for your boyfriend to come back home. You thought that he would be back around nine, but when you looked at the clock, you discovered it was midnight already, so you decided to go to bed. Since you were pissed off, you didn't really feel like sleeping with Charles. Maybe it was an unnecessary worry because you weren't sure if he was coming home at all. Nonetheless, you made your way to a guest room and locked the door behind you.

"Ma chéri." You woke up thanks to Charles' shouting. You looked at your phone and found out it was ten minutes past three.

"Y/N, where are you?" Another shout filled your ears. You could tell that in his voice was a bit of worry, but you decided not to respond. It was all his fault. If he had come home earlier, he wouldn't need to be looking for you at all.

You heard the lights being turned on in the hallway and footsteps coming closer towards the guest room. You saw how he tried to open the door but to no avail. Then a soft knock on the door reached your ears.

"Y/N, when happened? Why are you there?" As much as you were tempted to answer, you didn't. You probably weren't that mad as disappointed.

"What did I do?" The sadness was seeping through his voice. You could hear how his back leaned against the door. The sound of fabric gliding over the wood of the door signalised you he sat down.

"I'll just be here until you let me in," he announced. You didn't even think about letting him in, not for tonight. So, you just cuddled up into your sheets and fell asleep. You assumed that he would go to his bed after like an hour because he will realise it was pointless.

You woke up around eight o'clock. To be honest, you weren't really rested however you were ready to face Charles. So you got up from the bed and made your way to the door. Once you opened them, Charles' body fell in front of your feet. He must've stayed there for a whole night. The fall woke him up, and he immediately got up from the floor.

"Hey," he muttered. Clearly, he didn't have enough sleep as well. You didn't give him any answer. You just sneaked around him to the kitchen, leaving him in a hallway.

"You don't even talk to me?" He began to grow angry. He didn't know why you were mad at him in the first place. He slept because of you on the floor, and you didn't even talk to him. According to him, he had every right to be pissed off as well.

"Would you be that kind and tell me what have I done?" It was a polite way to ask someone, but his tone of voice made it sound almost rough.

"Oh, so you don't know? Maybe that's the problem. You don't think you've done something bad, do you?" Charles remained silent, which gave you the answer. "Right, you're flawless as always."

"I ain't flawless... Let's just calm down and talk about things, okay? We can talk this through." He calmed down after your speech. There was no point in being angry at each other.

"You wanna talk this through? Okay. I'm tired of being hidden all the time. I know that I ain't the most beautiful nor most perfect girl. I also know that I can't compete with your ex in the slightest, but I'm your girlfriend. I want to be by your side everywhere. Not being able to be with you is tearing me apart." Your voice was quieter and quieter as you were speaking. It was something that bothered you for a long time, and you finally let it go.

"Mon amour, come here," he prompted you as he opened his arms for you. "Is this what it is about?" He asked you and pressed you against his body. "You are the most gorgeous woman ever, and maybe you're not perfect, nobody is, but I love you with and that matters. I want you by my side, but I just thought that you don't want to be in the spotlight, and I respected that." His fingers were running through your hair. You even felt how he kissed you two times on the top of your head.

"Yeah, in the beginning, but now... All I want now is to be with you. I don't care about any comments anymore. They can write whatever they want. Your opinion is the only one that really matters to me." You whispered. You were ready to face whatever reaction with Charles by your side.

"Let's make our relationship public. I was dying to post some photos with you anyway. What about that one from Paris?" You chuckled a bit when you saw how excited he was about this whole thing.

"Yeah, and by the way. You owe me a massage. The floor was fucking uncomfortable, and my whole body hurts. See, how much I'm able to suffer for our love?" You just simply nod with a grin on your face. Your mum was right when she said he's the one.

♥︎daily reminder♥︎