Halloween

Kurt woke up on a Saturday, groggy from just waking up. He groaned and sat up. His phoned dinged a few minutes later and Kurt picked it up, rubbing his eyes. He got a message from Blaine.

Blaine: Hey honey! Want to hang out today?

Kurt: Definitely! Also, Rachel is having a party tonight. Want to go?

Blaine: Sure. Can we hang out alone after?

Kurt: Yeah. I'll ask my dad if you can stay the night.

Blaine: Okay. See you in a bit.

Kurt: See you soon!

Kurt took a shower and walked to his closet in his towel to pick an outfit out. He put it on before walking downstairs. His dad was cooking breakfast and looked back as he walked in.

"Morning Kurt!" Burt said.

"Morning!" Kurt replied.

"Have any plans for tonight?"

"Blaine and I are going to a costume party at Rachel's. Oh yeah, can I go to a party at Rachel's?" Burt laughed and nodded. "Also, can uhh— Blaine sleep over tonight?"

"Mmm?"

"Please!" Burt was thinking real hard. "I know you don't usually let us but just this once?" Burt paused before responding.

"Fine."

"Yes, thanks!" He smiled and looked back at his phone.

"You're welcome." Kurt started texting Blaine back before he felt hands grab his shoulder. He turned quickly and threw his knee up. Blaine groaned before freezing and grabbing onto Kurt to keep himself standing. Kurt covered his mouth with one hand and used the other to help Blaine. Burt looked back and dropped his mouth open.

"I'm so sorry honey! You just can't sneak up on me like that." Blaine nodded.

"Wasn't trying to." He said while holding his breath.

"Umm, did you just—"

"Yeah." Kurt moved and pulled out a stool. "Just sit. Again, so sorry."

"It's okay." Blaine sat down and took a deep breath in and out. "You've never umm— fear kneed me before.

"Because your not quiet."

"Yeah I am!"

"No, no your not." Burt interrupted.

"What?"

"When you and Kurt sneak in, you both are really loud." Kurt looked offended now. "That's when I know to put in earplugs."

"DAD!"

"Well it's true!" They both shook their heads, embarrassed.

"You've never like heard us, right?" Burt didn't answer. "What?!?!"

"Only for a second. I ran out of the house and now I always keep earplugs on hand. Sometimes I am asleep and don't even know until the morning when I hear Blaine leaving." They both stared at him awkwardly for a second.

"Well, we are going upstairs to talk about tonight."

"Okay." Burt nodded and Blaine slowly made his way upstairs behind Kurt. When he sat on Kurt's bed, Kurt went to his closet.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for costumes for tonight. Or like— things we can make into costumes last minute." After going through his closet he also rampaged his dresser. Finally, he got an idea while holding up 2 T-shirts. One was red and one was green. "Do you have overalls at your house?" Blaine looked confused by that question.