Auditions and Games

Blaine walked up to Kurt at his locker and shut it as he was looking in his bag.

"Oh, hi Blaine."

"Hey hon. What's up?"

"So my NYADA audition is today and I'm really nervous!" Kurt started breathing heavier and messing with his phone.

"Hey, Kurt. Look at me."

"Hmm?"

"You're going to nail it! You are amazing at singing and dancing and they'll love you! Okay?" Kurt nodded.

"Thanks."

"Mhm. Let's go to class."

"Okay." They headed to class and Kurt couldn't stop thinking about his audition. At lunch, everyone noticed how both Rachel and Kurt were just poking at their food.

"Are you guys okay?" Quinn asked. No one responded. "Uhh— hello?" Kurt looked up, confused.

"Hmm?"

"They have their NYADA audition after school." Blaine answered for him.

"Oh."

"I'm so nervous!" Kurt responded, shoving a grape in his mouth.

"You're going to do amazing." Blaine reminded him again.

"Okay. I'm just— forget it."

"So, are you coming to my game tonight?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Okay." He took a few deep breaths before zoning out again.

"Are you actually coming to the game today?" Finn asked.

"I mean, I have to."

"But—"

"Dude, I don't want to play this stupid team again but I can't just skip a game."

"Beiste will understand."

"If I keep running from my problems, I'll never get over it."

"But it was traumatic for you."

"Finn, I'm fine. If Kurt's not worried then you shouldn't."

"Well he's obviously not in his right mind today." Everyone nodded.

"I agree with him. What if—" Puck started.

"JUST STOP! I'm fine!" Blaine snapped. Kurt looked up at him. "I'm sorry I yelled. I just want to play. I was out last year for a while and just—" he stopped talking and rested his head on his hands.

"It's okay. If you know you'll be okay then we trust you."

"Thanks. I'm going to go to the restroom." He got up and rushed out. Kurt watched as he left and then looked back at his friends.

"I'm going to check on him." They nodded as Kurt followed Blaine. When he walked in the bathroom, he was standing by the sinks, staring at a stall door.

"Hey honey. You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I just needed a minute."

"I know and it's fine. We are big kids and can handle getting snapped at." They both chuckled.

"You're the best boyfriend ever. I love you so much!"

"I love you too!" They gave each other a hug and stayed there for a minute. Kurt finally kissed the top of Blaines head after a bit. "Let's go back out." Blaine nodded after taking a deep breath.