Leaving for College

The summer was coming to and end and everyone was leaving Lima in a day. Blaine went to Kurt's house and knocked on the door. Burt opened the door and saw the sadness on his face.

"Hey! Are you okay?" He didn't look at Burt or anything but kept his head down. He didn't even nod or shake his head to Burts question.

"Is Kurt home?"

"Uhh— yeah."

"Can I— see him?"

"Are you sure you want to do what I think you're about to do?" He didn't react again.

"Can I just see him please?"

"Okay. He's in his room." He nodded and walked upstairs. Carole and Finn walked in a minute later.

"Hey Burt!" She said.

"Shhhh!!!!"

"Oookkaaayy..." They all were quiet as Burt listened for anything. Meanwhile, upstairs, Blaine walked into Kurt's room.

"Hey babe!" Kurt said, smiling. He pulled Blaine onto his bed by his wrist. "What's up?"

"We need to talk." Kurt's face fell.

"Is something wrong?"

"You know I love you so much." Kurt nodded. "I just feel like this distance is going to be really hard on us."

"But we can do it!"

"I don't know Kurt."

"Blaine, please don't do this."

"I—" Blaine let out a quiet sob. "I'm really sorry but I think we should uhh— break up."

"No! You're crazy! There's no reason to!" Tears started filling Kurt's eyes.

"I'm sorry ba— Kurt."

"No. This isn't happening."

"Kurt. Stop. You're making this harder."

"CAUSE YOU'RE BEING STUPID!" Everyone downstairs heard that.

"What's going on up there?" Carole asked.

"Shit! Kurt's gonna be so cranky. What did Blaine do?" Finn then asked.

"I think he's breaking up with Kurt."

"What?!" They both screamed at the same time.

"Shhhh!"

"Sorry. But why?" Carole asked.

"I don't know."

"I'm not being stupid. I'm trying to protect both of us."

"By breaking up with me when that's not what either of us want and we are perfectly fine together?"

"Kurt—"

"That's what you want?"

"I don't but it's what's best."

"Whatever."

"Please just—"

"GET THE HELL OUT!" Blaine wiped his face as tears continuously fell from his eyes. "IM SERIOUS!" Kurt grabbed Blaines arm and they walked downstairs. As he dragged Blaine across the kitchen, his family watched sympathetically. Finally, he pushed Blaine out of the house and slammed the door.

"Kurt—" his dad started.

"I'M FINE! LEAVE ME ALONE!" He ran upstairs and slammed his bedroom door shut.

"Should I call Rachel?" Finn asked. Burt nodded. When Blaine got back in his car, he started driving home but had to pull over since tears were clouding his eyes. He let them pour out as he let out loud sobs. He brought his hands to his face to cover it for a minute, crying into them. All of a sudden he slammed them down against the wheel, crying louder than before.