Deciding Our Futures

A/N: Had extra time today so was able to get 2 chapters done to post today. Hope you enjoy!
——————————————————————————
Kurt headed downstairs in the morning and went outside to get the mail. He walked back into the kitchen as he was looking through it.

"Anything?" Burt asked. Kurt held up a finger to say hold on as he continued looking through the mail. Once he saw a letter addressed to himself, he froze. After a second he looked at his dad and Carole, smiling.

"It's my NYADA letter." He said so quietly he wasn't sure his family could hear.

"Really?!" His dad asked after a minute. "Well, open it."

"Rach, Blaine, and I swore we'd open them together."

"Okay. Let me know what happens."

"Okay." Kurt pulled out his phone and texted the two in a group chat.

Rachel walked downstairs in the morning after her vigorous morning routine. Her dads were holding an envelope and smiling.

"What's up?" She asked. "Why do you look so happy?"

"Look what came this morning." She picked up the envelope and screeched.

"FINALLY! I have to wait though, I promised." They nodded as she shoved it in her backpack. Rachel's phone dinged and she checked it. She replied quickly.

Blaine woke up to his phone buzzing a ton. He picked it up and his eyes widened as he saw the text.

Kurt: Got my NYADA letter. What about you?

Rachel: YES! Got mine too. We have to meet in the choir room before school starts.

Kurt: Heading over now. Blaine?

He started rushing downstairs as he answered.

Blaine: Checking my mail now. Be there ASAP.

Kurt: Okay

Rachel: Heading over now too

Blaine opened the mailbox but didn't see any mail. Maybe they hadn't come yet. He walked into the kitchen and his dad was eating eggs.

"Hey dad!"

"Hey! What's up?"

"Nothing. I'm going to get ready for school."

"So early?"

"Rach and Kurt want to meet early to discuss something."

"Oh, okay." He was about to leave the room before his dad started talking again. "Oh, wait. I think you're forgetting something." Blaine turned and saw his dad pull a letter out from under a stack of papers.

"Oh yeah." Blaine said, chuckling nervously.

"So, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because— I don't know. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Any other surprises you want to tell me?"

"No."

"Okay." He handed Blaine his letter. "Let me know what's in there later."

"Okay." The three of them made it to the finals which was good. This letter was the super important one. He quickly got ready and zoomed to school. Kurt arrived at school first, then Rachel, then Blaine. "Sorry I'm so late." He said, walking in.

"It's okay." They stood in a circle. Rachel decided to open hers first. She read it and a smile slowly formed on her face.

"I'm in!" Kurt smiled and gave her a hug.