Chapter 24

Cohen Point of view

I cannot wait to be surprise with this exciting news about how I have been contacting a record label for a chance for her to perform a cover of any song in front of them.

"I have an exciting new to tell you!" I said excitedly to her.

I see her playing around with the hair band on her left wrist in anticipation for me share the light of the news to tell her.

"Anytime but now will do" she joked to me.

I look at trying to hide her nervously biting her lips, her eyes widened thinking every possible assumption that is under the books but coming short of ideas or clues about what my surprise for her could be and she shrugged waiting patiently for me to spit out the exciting news.

"You have got a record deal with a huge music label!"I exclaimed to her.

I gasped out neither shock nor surprise, I was almost wondering if she is going to react to the good news is all about.

"What?..... or how is this even possible?" She stammered in shock not quite sure with what to say or expect next.

"I might have sent your mum a recording of your voice" i said a bit sheepishly to her.

She looks so adorable getting excited about her birthday present that I am going to give her with a massive smile on her face and when she smiles she looks so drop-dead gorgeous.

"Wait of I,Reagan Delilah smith sing?" She asks me speechlessly.

I nod my head to confirm the exciting news to her as I watch her being so full of happiness in, joy, light and laughter in her lovely bluish Greyish eyes lit up like a glow stick or a fairy light on a Christmas tree.

"Yes of you , my whole heart singing" I confirmed to her.

I am most definitely going soppy but for her, I will always do anything she names it as it is impossible with her. I have no exception.

"Of where did you get it from?" She ask me confusedly.

A look of confusion crossed all over her face when she notices one specific details that is missing from the talk. I realise that she is still very confuse with the record label deal especially when she did not know of I giving a voice record of she is singing her own cover of masterpiece by Jessie J.

"I recorded of the day you that sang in the kitchen" I tell her.

The look of shocks express on her face with her eyes widened like the size of flying saucers. Just joking , although she still looks so shocked on due to her discovery of  finding out about me secretly has a voice recording of her singing.

"Voice records or video?" She asks me shyly.

I keep reminding her that she have a voice of an angel due to how gifted she is in every single art aspects of her life.

"Both"I said jokingly to her.

She slightly cocked her head to the side with her hands on her hips waiting patiently for me to tell more about her latest discovery.

"No, tell me you did not actually send it to my mom"she panicked when she thinks I really meant it however, I was only joking with her.

A chuckles escape from my mouth as I am quickly smoothening all her worried or all her self doubts caressing her face between my hands to kiss her lips.

"Fine, I am only joking about the video recording,I sent only a voice recording to your mum"i revealed to her.

I led us into the living room before heading back inside the kitchen to get us some ice cream from the freezer. I take cookies dough ice cream for myself and the salted caramel ice cream for her.

"I am very thankfully that you did that for me"she said thankfully to me.

I reappear inside the living room to give her favourite salted caramel ice cream for us to have a Netflix date with binge watching any shows, films or movies on the television.

"Why do i feel like you are going to say but"I predicted.

Resetting ourselves onto the coach as she flips through Netflix to watch  the Greatest showman after we are digging into our ice cream and then I take out a chocolate bars out of my pocket to hand it over to her.

"But what if the people digging into my past"she said worryingly to me.

She forced me to sing along with her to her favourite song rewrite the stars and this me until I eventually give into her charms to start to join sing along to the song with her. I stopped singing to give her a an outstanding ovations when she song along to the lat verse.

"Reagan, Listen you can choose run away from your past or embrace your present"I rephrased Rafiki the monkey from lion quote to her.

We finished watching The Greatest showman so, she put the Hamilton the musical on because she claimed it is the best musical that have been ever invented after the theatre production people have made lion king into an musical.

"Why do you sound like Rafki?"she asks me knowing dammed well that she make me watch lion king with her because as she simply put it "it is a classic or you cannot go wrong with it".

I think she should start taking advice from her favourite movie moreover lion king anyone can learn anything from watching lion. The movie have a great story with a much deeper meaning behind those words.

"The Wise monkey in lion king"I affirm her question.

I hope she realise that she should not be afraid of chasing after her dream even if people might remember her past although the past may be a part of her, it does not make her who she is today and she evolving by herself without even knowing it.

"I would call you wise yet it might boast your ego"she said jokingly to me.

She is still on her last scoop of her ice cream trying not to get a brain freeze from eating it. An idea have strikes her for adding her leftover chocolate bar as sweet garnish for her ice cream and take my spoon to take a spoonful of her ice cream ideas for me to taste.

"Please thinks about the offer though" i said desperately to her.

It tastes like heaven melting on my tongue when soft melts ice cream of deliciousness which obviously shows that she is the best cook out of me and her.

"Would it split us up?" She asks me teary eyes.

It breaks my heart to see her upset like this from overthinking it again further more she need to know I am not going to go anywhere unless it is with her. I has always tells that overthinking everything is a dangerous habit even though the only  positive outcome you get from overthinking is not doing anything on impulsive thinking.

"Your in my heart , in my mind "I sang to her.

We are heading upstairs now to our room to relax for the day when She is carrying on singing the next line of the verse of wherever you will go by the calling when laying in our bed.

"I will stay with you for all of time" She continue humming the song.

We slowly snuggle up with each other, I gently covered her with a purple blanket to keep her warm as she yawns out a thank you to me.