Chapter 45

Readers,

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you for the support like always. Anyway, here is the next chapter so I hope you read and enjoy :P

xxx

Chapter 45

Adrian’s Pov

Waking up to my mate would never get old I thought with a smile. I liked it when she was the first thing I smelled, touched and felt as I opened my eyes in the morning. It brightened up my day and put me in a good mood which only seemed to continue throughout. Like I said, loved it.

Curling myself around her I pulled her tighter against me, my hand around her small waist as I spooned up behind her. I could sense that she was still asleep, curled under the covers as she tried to keep herself cosy and warm. I smiled at her despite myself.

It wasn’t until I realised I was circling the skin of her stomach with my fingertips however that I realised it wouldn’t be long until I would have the perfect family, my mate at my side and a pup who I would spoil rotten and protect until my last breathe. The thought was appealing enough that I couldn’t help but continue to lightly touch the soft skin of her stomach. I couldn’t wait.

Being werewolves our females did not carry the pup for as long of a time as humans did, honestly the whole nine months seemed like far too long to wait until a child had grown enough to be born. I scowled at the thought. Our species were different in that pups grew at a speedier rate in the womb, and while each female was slightly different it was nowhere near nine months. Only the female carrying the child would know when the time would be soon.

I knew because of that I couldn’t hold off telling her. When I had asked her last night on her thoughts of having children with me it had been a big relief to find that while she hadn’t thought about it she didn’t seem put off at the idea in the slightest. But, how would she react when I told her? It wouldn’t be long until she figured it out on her own and I knew if she did she would panic which was the last thing I wanted. She couldn’t be under any extra stress and I definitely did not want to be the cause.

Pressing a kiss to the side of her neck, her skin smooth to the touch, I reluctantly pulled myself away from her. Smiling as I watched her roll over as if reaching for me I pulled the covers up further around her before hurriedly shrugging on a pair of loose pyjama pants. There was no need to wake her when I had to sort some things out, she needed her rest and she was not a morning person in the slightest.

Running fingers through my hair I gave her one last longing look before heading down the stairs, making sure to close the bedroom door behind me. She did not need to be disturbed.

Heading towards the kitchen I was instantly hit with the smell of my mates cooking. It was distinctive, she was talented after all.

“What are you doing?” I asked amused when I caught sight of Jake in the kitchen. I smirked when I saw he wasn’t alone. “I did not realise you had spent the night, Annie.”

I knew before I spoke that it would make her uncomfortable, and I was right, but it was more than a tad amusing to say the least.

As predicted she flushed brightly, shifting closer to Jake who looked sheepish. “I-I,…” she stuttered. “I didn’t think it would be a problem-I mean Jake-“

“Adrian’s joking, babe” Jake took pity on his mate.

Barking out a laugh I soon discovered the reason it smelled of my mates cooking even though she was still in bed. Holly tended to make things before either freezing them or putting them in the fridge so they could simply be heated up. Most of the male members of the pack didn’t really have time to put in the time and effort if they were between patrols or had one before or after school. There just wasn’t time and it worked out perfectly since it took a matter of minutes to make before they could eat and head out. They all took advantage of it.