Chapter 47

Hey readers,

I know that it has been ages since I have updated and I apologise. But it is half-term now so I plan to get the story back rolling again.

Thank you for all of your continued support!

xxx

Chapter 47

Holly’s Pov

“Ah!”

Cries left her throat, her attempt at keeping them quiet as not to give them the satisfaction an effort which wasn’t working in the slightest. Pain filled her, drowning out her other emotions as she squirmed and whined while trying to escape the painfully tight grasp her own brother held on her wrist.

Faces blended together, features not identifiable but she knew who it was, the person who was causing her to feel such red hot agony. The fact it was her own kin, her bloodline who was torturing her like they were was enough to make her want to gag at the thought. It wasn’t new to her which made it worse. She should have been used to being treated in such a manner, and yet it still hurt to that very day.

“Pathetic. Not worthy to carry our name. Disgusting.”

Over and over again it was repeated, flooding her mind with facts she already knew were true. She had been told it enough to have it hammered into her head after all.

A kick to the side was next, harsh and sharp against her fragile ribs that bore the brunt of the force.

A smack in the face followed afterwards, nails scratching at her skin before they forced her onto her knees in a forcefully submissive pose. She would never do it voluntarily, not when she held no trust for any of her pack.

Fingers roughly gripped at the strands of her hair, pulling it at the roots as she tried not to cry out at the sharp stab of pain. It was familiar, but not a sensation that someone ever got used to. She had managed to learn to close off her mind, to muffle the emotional agony but when it came to the rough treatment she had to endure it as a human would, as another wolf would have to.

“Aren’t you going to beg?” he snarled. “Open that sinful mouth and beg me to let you go, go on.”

Fire spread through her scalp but it soon seemed like a mere inconvenience when she felt his nails length in her shoulder, her scream ripping through the air as he dragged it deeply through her skin causing it to tear terribly.

The sad thing was, she knew this was only the beginning of a day from hell.

Memories after memories flooded through my head as I remembered how my new pack were so drastically different when compared to my old one, if I could even call them a pack. The relief I felt was clear, how loved and cared for Adrian made me feel as he showed me daily how much he desired and wanted me.

He was my everything and I knew he would only continue to prove that to me for the years to come. I would be his for as long as he would have me.

The unexpectedness of my past flashing through my head like a motion picture didn’t help with my first plans of only showing the young pups a few instances, the less violent ones at that. What I hadn’t planned on was getting carried away, lost in my past memories and only being broken out of it by their loud keens of what I guessed to be fear.

Perhaps this had not been the best idea.

I wouldn’t have stepped in had it not been for my wolfs insistence that as his mate I should stand by his side, and clearly Adrian was having difficulty with getting the kids to understand. I didn’t fault his leading skills, not at all, but if my wolf wanted to help then I would not deny her.