Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Holly’s POV

“You look fine” Adrian told me for the third time in the past five minutes as I tugged at the bottom of my dress. It was a pretty dress I thought, a light peachy pink that came to just the tops of my thighs and flared out slightly at the waist.

“Is it cold out?” I asked nervously, pulling on a pair of thermal tights as I sat on the edge of the already made bed. I flushed as I remembered what my mate had done to me only a few moments ago.

Clearly knowing what had caused my blush he smirked, shooting me a wink causing me to huff.

“Cheer up sweetheart” was all he sniggered. “But what your wearing should be ok, we’ll be inside and the snows already starting to melt” he told me in all seriousness causing me to nod. I trusted his judgement completely.

“If you say so,”

With that I tugged on my pea green coat before grabbing his hand as he held it outstretched for me, my fingers curling around his own as he tugged me close gently.

It didn’t take us long to arrive at the familiar looking house, Adrian turning off the car as he parked in the drive before a small growl rumbled out of his throat from his chest. I turned to face him, confused.

“What’s wrong?” I asked nervously, thinking something was up.

“They had better no start anything, I am not in the mood” he grunted out.

At that I frowned. “I thought you would be happy after this morning?” I tilted my head to the side before flushing at my boldness. “I mean…”

I stopped when he suddenly burst out in a throaty chuckle, the fact my wolf purred deliciously at the sound the only reason I wasn’t bright with embarrassment.

“You made me very happy this morning,” he grinned broadly making me squirm under his bright eyed gaze. “It’s just, I don’t want it to be ruined by two pathetic pups who don’t know how to obey!” he scowled.

“But you’re meant to teach them, yes?”

“I am, and I will. But they have to want to be taught, sweetie” he explained, though not in a patronising manner which I was thankful for. “When it comes to pups likes these, over arrogant and cocky it isn’t safe to have them running wild” he added.

Chewing on my bottom lip I nodded, thinking it over before realising that it made sense. I pecked him on the cheek in thanks, for not only sharing his thoughts on the matter at hand but for being patient with me.

“Shall we go in?” he asked causing me to nod.

Adrian ran around to open my door, me not having time to do so myself before he was standing next to me. I grabbed his hand as he helped me out. I wasn’t as shaky on my legs any more, hadn’t been for a while now, but that didn’t mean my legs could give out on me all of a sudden out of nowhere.

Not to mention since Adrian’s panic that something was wrong with me he was being incredibly cautious. I found it sweet, but I wasn’t worried. I felt fine really.

Heading to the door Adrian firmly knocked, it only being a few seconds before the door opened revealing Rebecca who looked incredibly nervous. She must have been staring at the car outside from the moment we arrived; I wouldn’t have put it past her when I caught sight of her expression.

I smiled, trying to ease her nerves but I didn’t think it worked.

“Alpha” Rebecca nodded, quickly fully opening the door. “Please come in.”