Chapter 17

Hey readers,

Short authors note just to thank everyone who commented, voted and showed me your support. You make it worth writing. I hope you enjoy the weekend and hopefully the chapter as well. Sorry for any errors but I’m actually writing this when I’m ill so I’m not a hundred percent.

Lots of Love

XXX

Chapter 17

Adrian’s Pov

Wanting to take it slow I started off with a simple question, knowing that it was more likely that she would open up and answer more of my questions if I started off with some less personal ones before building my way up. My body was practically humming with the thought of learning more about her, wanting to know everything that was possible for me to know about my timid mate who I unfortunately knew so little about.

“How did you sleep?” I asked, that was a simply question right? Either way it managed to catch her attention, her head slowly tilting towards me causing her matted curls to tumble down her back in an amusing manner. I didn’t comment, knowing that it would make her incredibly self-conscious and that was the last thing I wanted. I didn’t want her to think that I thought she was anything other than beautiful to me, even if I knew not to comment on my internal thoughts just yet since it would most likely made her extremely uncomfortable.

“Fine, thank you” she told me softly, studying me curiously as she managed to polish off half of the sandwich I had made for her. I tried not to smile, fair to say I failed miserably.

“I’m sorry for frightening you this morning” I said sincerely, how I had grabbed her was just unacceptable. It had been my own fault of course; I should have been more aware of my surroundings and because I hadn’t of been I had only severed to scare my mate from touching me ever again. Thankfully I had quickly nipped that shit in the bud; of course she could touch me, the more the better if I was being honest with myself.

“It’s fine” was her reply, obviously not knowing how to answer me. I got the feeling that she didn’t talk to a lot of people, while her voice was soft it had a scratchy quality to it which I guessed meant she hadn’t used it a lot lately.

“It’s not, I was out of order and I apologise” I stated sincerely, hating myself for scaring her. Her next question caught me off guard though; while I was pleased she was slowly growing more confident around me it came with a price.  

“Why are you doing this?” she asked curiously with her usual soft tone, her fingers still picking at the sandwich making me relieved that she was still eating. She did look slightly healthier, I could only hope that with her being a werewolf it would speed the process a long slightly

“Doing what?” I couldn’t help but stall, my mind whirling with how to answer this in a way that would please her but not freak her out. Surely me telling her that she was my mate would cause her to reject me, and while the thought pained me I could see where she would be coming from. She hadn’t known me long, a few days if you include when she was out of it so her accepting something so out of the blue could push her away. I would never lie to her, but I knew this time I had to try and prevent her from finding out until she was ready to hear it.  

“Being nice to me, people aren’t nice to me Adrian” she answered softly, the way she said my name making me shiver and my wolf purr in delight. It sounded so soft, like a caress and I soon found myself wanting more of It.; so much more. Well…that was until what she had implied finally seemed to sink in.