Chapter 36

Hey readers,

A quick reader’s note to let you guys know who this chapter is dedicated to.

DEDICATION: this juicy chapter is dedicated to ZohwaK who sent me a while simple, a definitely effective banner which had me instantly liking it. So make sure to give one of my best readers a huge thanks!

Lots of love

xxx

Chapter 36

Adrian’s Pov

Panicked I quickly dashed my confused mate into the house, and while her breathing had calmed down I didn’t like how quickly her heart was still thumping away in that chest of hers. It didn’t sound right. I knew I wasn’t a doctor, but I also knew that something was wrong.

Placing her gently on the bed as soon as I entered my bedroom I grabbed my phone out of my pocket before fumbling with the keys, quickly dialling Lisa’s number as I stared at Holly while she looked at me strangely. It was clear she had no idea that something was clearly wrong with her heart beat, it was still too fast and that was when she was calm.

“Hello-“ was all I let Lisa get out before I was cutting her off.

“Come over, now” I demanded before hanging up, running a hand through my hair before walking into the bathroom. I needed to get a grip.

“Adrian?” Are you alright?”

Sighing I splashed some water on my face, glancing up towards the mirror before I saw Holly in the reflection. She still looked pale, but the concern on her features made my insides melt at how innocent and fragile she looked. She was too delicate.

“I’m fine,” I told her with strained grin.

“Why did you call Lisa, are you feeling unwell?” She asked me concerned, my smile fading as I dried my face before walking over towards her. Wrapping my arms around her waist I breathed in her scent, taking note that something else wasn’t quite right with it. She normally smelt sweet I’ll give her that, but the sharpness of it was new. She smelled…better, more potent almost.

Fighting down how her new scent was making me reaction I tried to calm myself, taking deep breathes only to regret the action instantly. It had only furthered my suddenly lustful mood, my mouth salivating as I clenched my fists behind her back as I tried to get a grip.

What was wrong with me?

Shaking my head I reluctantly pulled away from her, still startled at how fast her heart was beating as I tugged her back into the bedroom before sitting her back on the bed. She shouldn’t be walking around; it wasn’t good for her when she was clearly unwell.

“How do you feel, Holly? Be honest with me” I pleaded with her, crouching down to my knees so I was her level as she sat on the edge of our bed. She looked nervous, confused.

“I don’t know what you mean?”

Running a hand through my hair in worry I wondered how long it would take for Lisa to get here. She had better hurry up if she knew what was good for her.

“Health wise, how do you feel?” I asked her again, seeing her think about it for a few minutes before she shrugged.

“I’ve felt kinda tired lately” she confessed, only making me more panicked that something was wrong.

“Is that it?” I asked weakly, forcing the small smile to remain on my face as I did so.

Again she shrugged. “I sometimes have trouble breathing, but only for a few seconds before I catch my breath again” she hurriedly rushed after seeing my wide eyed looked.