Chapter 2

Hey guys,

Next chapters already up so read and enjoy.

Please comment and vote, I would love to know what you think and whether it is worth keeping up.

Lots of love

XXX

Chapter 2

It was a Monday morning when I was woken in the usual manner, the all-to-familiar feeling of ice-cold water crashing onto me in a harsh and painful manner. The feel of the icy liquid as it hit the thin sheet that was my bed, instantly soaking the thin material and hitting my body in a sudden rush as the feeling of my skin burning from the shock of the temperature causing me to gasp. I screamed the first few times they had done it, in both shock and pain but now only a gasp fell from my lips due to the fact I expected it.

“Get up!”

I didn’t bother to reply, they pretended not to hear a word that passed my lips anyway so why should I bother? I hadn’t spoken in the past years other than a small word here and there, I wasn’t a mute, I just didn’t have anyone to hear what I wanted to say.

The usual greeting made my head spin, my body still tingling as I painfully and stiffly pulled myself up from my position on the floor, my face screwing up into a painful cringe. I didn’t know why I bothered to keep going, it was clear I had nothing to live for but something was always stopping me from doing so. Every time I had reached for a pair of scissors or sat on the edge of a cliff something was telling me that it wasn’t my time, and foolishly I continued to believe it.

Getting ready didn’t take long, far from it since I didn’t have the energy, time nor care to bother with what I looked like. I wasn’t pretty, I wasn’t beautiful and I was far from attractive. I also looked nothing like my parents, both of them blonde as well as my fool of a brother, it was why they denied I was there daughter whenever neighbouring packs came to visit, it was when I was pushed to a corner and told to stay like an animal, like a pet that had done wrong!

I didn’t realise that this day was going to be the final event that would cause me to snap, that the fine thread I had been so carefully treading on would break and I would wish for death until later that day. It was shocking that it had not come sooner, but life was full of surprises, it was just in my case they were all far from positive things which added to my already miserable and fucked up life.

Sighing I got to work, my outfit consisting of what most would consider rags. It was made up of a ratted shirt which looked as if it had been attacked by a dog and a pair of jogging bottoms which had also seen better days. Unfortunately this was one of my better outfits, it was snowing outside and not only had they taken the heating out of my room but due to everyone being out they hadn’t bothered to keep it on for my sake.

You must be thinking why did I need it? I mean I should be running hot due to my genes shouldn’t I? The simple reason was again all my energy was going into trying to remain sane and healing myself as quickly as possible, even if it took hours to heal a light bruise and weeks to heal a broken bone when it should have taken an hour at the most. So that was why I was shivering in the pack house, my blanket lying flat out on the floor of my room as I hoped it would dry quick enough so I could use it tonight when I slept. It was unlikely, but I couldn’t help but try and stay positive, even if I had nothing to feel happy about.

My chores were basically everyone’s put together, another one of my brothers’ so-called amazing ideas. I had no idea how the pack was going to cope when I was gone; they did nothing for themselves after all. I cooked food for them only to get nothing in return. I cleaned up after them even if I wasn’t my mess. I washed there nice clothes, feeling worthless and cheap as I compared them to my own. Hell, I even have to cut the wood for the fire even though in my weak state my bones were brittle and often left tears running down my cheeks due to my bones shattering lighting in my back, shoulders and arms. It was painful, but compared to the punishment I would get if the job wasn’t done so I had no choice but to suffer through the pain of it.

So you see my life was far from perfect, the only thing which I was relieved of was that while I was humiliated, beaten and abused they never pushed it far enough to violate me sexually. They were horrible people, but they weren’t monsters who would stoop as low as to rape a girl…I hoped not anyway.

It took me the entire day to finish the exceedingly long list which had been left out for me as usual, by the end of it my vision was blurry and I was minutes from passing out due to exhaustion. I was shaking like a leaf, my body stiff and painful with every movement as I leaned against the wall waiting for them to get home from school, the fact I wasn’t allowed to go meaning while I was good with strategies, with tactics and with finances I wasn’t the smartest person in the world. I had never been to school, remembering when my bitch of a mother had told me when I had asked when I was little.

‘School is for people who actually have a chance in life, I am not going to let you waste your life when you could be obeying your brother and doing the chores since it will be the only thing you will ever be good at’

Yep, happy memories! I never liked my mother though; it was shocking that I wasn’t actually more messed up than I was due to being shown no affection or positive attention in my entire life. Again it was sad when you thought about it, but then again you aren’t the one having to live through it day in and day out so consider yourself lucky and grateful for what is right in front of you – a loving family who will do anything to protect you.