ONE YEAR.

hello everyone! i know it's been a while since i've completed this book, but i came on here to discuss a quite important milestone.

exactly one year ago today, april 16, i published this fic for the first time. i was honestly just planning for it to be a mini quarantine project that i would eventually lose interest in as time went on. but, i subverted my expectations.

i actually put effort into planning (fun fact this fic was the first one i've ever actually sat down and planned out) and trying to maintain a schedule with. this idea was one i did not want to give up on. i mean, it's centered around my favorite show with one of my favorite characters. i didn't want to lose any inspiration.

(not to mention that this fic is novel-worthy. 60k words!! i did that! wow! :D)

and willow halpert is legit one of the best characters i've written. she has such a special place in my heart, and i'm so glad that my readers have given her so much love throughout the duration of the book. and yes, i've seen the occasional comment that criticizes her actions and feelings, but i made her act that way on purpose because she was hurting. still, i'm happy that people did do that, since willow isn't meant to be a perfect character. she has flaws just like every one of us.

okay i need to yell about all of your support because OMG. 64.8k READS??? 3.1k VOTES??? WOWZA, THAT'S SO MANY WITHIN ONE YEAR!!! THANK YOU ALL ENDLESSLY. <333 :D

i am so grateful and thankful for every single vote and comment i've received on this book (especially during the time it was written).  i loved it when i would post every wednesday and wait the whole day so i could read all of your comments and just grin because i couldn't believe how much support i was getting. like, this fic became so damn meaningful to me because i adored the story and the characters, and seeing a bunch of people read and show their support via voting and commenting was just amazing. and i thank you all once again.

2020 was honestly so wild with everything in my life. the pandemic (obviously), a breakup, school being so weird this year, college applications, you name it! but writing this fic in that 5-month timespan honestly got me through a good part of it, and the continued support even after completing it has put a smile on my face when i did need it. so, for the like 15th time, thank you all so so much.

not to be the bearer of bad news, but this fic won't be getting a sequel. i know, but i feel i don't really need to make one. i've outlined a good chunk of what does happen in dwight and willow's life in the bonus headcannons chapter, and i feel that's a good place to stop. however, i'd actually like to try a little thing i've seen in other fics.

i wanna give y'all the opportunity to ask the characters questions!! once i get a good amount of them, i'll post them in another chapter at a later date! (oh i do hope this works out this seems really fun lmao!!)

WHO YOU CAN ASK:
willow halpert
dwight schrute
jim halpert
pam beesly
michael scott

leave your questions HERE!

can't wait to see what you all ask! (:

anyway, i'll wrap it up now. to reiterate, thank you all so so much for all of your support within the past year. i wish all of you well and stay safe! <33 ((:

-starry <3