( xvii ) ♡ 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

〔𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 ; 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯〕
〔𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴.〕

TODAY'S THE DAY. Five new employees and one familiar employee were going to have their first day as employees for Dunder Mifflin Scranton. 

Willow buzzed with excitement at the prospect of the new day. Since she heard the news about the Stamford branch closing down, her recent negative demeanor turned more cheerful at the idea of her brother finally coming back to work and not having to solely rely on phone calls and texting to communicate with each other. Sure, she was grateful that she had the capability to communicate easily, but nothing beats being with people in person.

Michael asked the Scranton employees to come in a half hour early so everyone could greet the new employees and prepare for a (to quote Michael) "orienta-feast." Whatever that means.

Willow entered the office and said a quick hello to Pam and Michael. 

"Oh, Willow! Wanna see what the Party Planning Committee arranged for the newcomers?" Michael exclaimed. 

"Okay!" the brunette replied as she placed her purse onto her desk. She followed Michael in the conference room, where the table was decked out with a plethora of fancy foods and champagne. She saw Phyllis placing down mini plates and plastic cutlery and Angela straightening out the blue table cloth.

"Very nice." Willow commented.

"Willow, get that banner off the floor for me." Angela asked, quite stern.

'Don't talk to me like that.' Willow thought as she handed the blonde the folded banner. She gave a small smile to Phyllis before exiting the conference room.

Nine o'clock rolled around before Willow knew it. Slowly, in addition to her familiar coworkers, new people came in, with Michael presenting them with cute little goodie bags filled with supplies. So far, Willow met a Hannah Smoterich-Barr and a Tony Gardener. She was eager to see her brother come through the door. 

Willow rose from her desk and walked over to the kitchen to make herself her second cup of coffee. Her stomach churned with excitement and nervousness in anticipation for what was to happen. Without realizing, she chugged the entire cup of coffee while staring out of the blinds. She placed her mug into the sink and washed it.

When finished with the mug, Willow looked out and saw Pam engaged in conversation with none other than Jim Halpert.

Running out of the kitchen, Willow called to her brother and engulfed him into her arms.

"Hi!" she squealed. Jim embraced the hug, overjoyed to see both her and Pam again.

"Hi!" he responded. The siblings broke the hug, an enormous smile present on Willow's face.

"I'm so glad my favorite duo's finally back together!" Willow brought Jim and Pam together into a group hug. Jim walked over to his old desk and began putting his stuff down.

'Shit, I should have told him Ryan's sitting there now. Whatever.' Willow thought to herself.

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in from Stamford." Dwight sneered as he went over to the siblings.

"Hey, Dwight." Jim responded.

"Fact: I am older. I am wiser. Do not mess with me."

"Okay, sounds good." Jim proceeded to look up at Dwight's forehead, a faux scared expression present on his face. Willow smirked to herself, glad things were slowly getting back to normal.