( xiii ) ♡ 𝐢'𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝟐.𝟎

〔𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 ; 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯〕
〔𝘪'𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘵 2.0.

FOUR MONTHS LATER

WILLOW HALPERT PULLED INTO an empty parking space about five blocks from a giant skyscraper in which she worked in part-time. She planned to meet the documentary crew there prior to beginning work. Grabbing her purse and a black cardigan, Willow quickly crossed the street, narrowly avoiding a car passing by.

She could never get used to the bustling activity and loudness of New York City. Pulling the cardigan on, Willow began to walk fast toward her temporary workplace as not to be late for the crew. 

As she approached the building, she gave a small wave to the camera operators and boom mic handlers she recognized from back at home.

"Yeah, I'm living in New York now. Well, I've been here for a few months. Before I left, I began to look into doing a summer art program here, and found out that the Pratt Institute had an affordable photography program three times a week from June 'till October, so I signed up. When I told Jan, she offered me a part-time position working for her at Corporate so I could afford to live in a hotel here. Guess I'm Willow Halpert 2.0. now." she joked at the end.

'Do you talk to anyone back in Scranton?'

"Oh, I know he's not there anymore, but I call Jim practically every night to gossip and rant. I also called Pam a few times, and Michael would call here to speak to me or Jan."

'How about Dwight? We know you two were close.'

Willow felt a pang in her stomach at the mention of him. "Uh, I don't talk to him anymore."

Willow bid goodbye to the crew and walked inside the building, getting onto an empty elevator. Pressing the button for the fifty-fifth floor, Willow sighed to herself, replaying the talking head interview she just partook in in her mind. She was dreading any mention of Dwight after what happened only a few months ago, and after hearing the crew ask about him, she felt sick to her stomach and quite melancholy.

Trying to shake the feelings off, Willow got off the elevator and walked into the waiting area. She greeted the receptionist and made her way over to Jan's office.

"'Morning Jan." Willow yawned as she placed her purse on the front desk.

"Oh, hi Willow." Jan replied sluggishly.

"Do you need a coffee or something?"

"Um... sure. Two sugars."

"Okay." Willow walked off to the break room and began to make a pot of coffee for her and Jan. She sighed to herself, as she took out two coffee mugs while waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. 

Pouring coffee in both mugs, Willow reflected back a little bit on her life. How she went from being a secretary to becoming a saleswoman with her brother after needing a life change. And how she's practically back to being a secretary because she let some childish crush get her down. Nevertheless, she seemed only a tad bit happier, since her brother and best friend were now miles away.

Willow returned to Jan's office and placed a round, blue mug onto her desk. Jan gave a silent thank you before Willow rushed back to her own desk to pick up the phone (not before almost spilling her own coffee in the process).