NINE: Isle of Mysteries

Though it took some time, Evie was able to create a potion that undid Audrey's spell on Mal. Afterwards, the elder VKs along with Celia were on their bikes, speeding off towards the direction of the Isle. The bikes were gifts from Ben that they received after the Cotillion that came with matching goggles and helmets, each set personalized to suit their individual tastes. And Helena's black, blue and silver bike suited her perfectly. The group soon reached the edge of Auradon, their bikes skidding to a stop along the gravel.

"Noble steeds proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere," Mal said, eyes glowing green before she adjusted her goggles back over her eyes.

Helena revved up her engine once more before following her friends across the waters below them. It wasn't the first time that they crossed the group had traveled to the Isle like this. It was a more convenient and quicker way of traveling than taking the limo, which they saved for formal occasions.

But they did make sure to bring the remote with them, which Jay carried with him and used to open the barrier. As the group entered the Isle, both Evie and Mal felt the magic drain from them. But Helena could still feel her magic bubbling inside her, which her parents never explained to her.

Helena parked her bike alongside Evie's, taking off her helmet as she dismounted it. As she was doing so, she heard Mal say to Evie, "Thank goodness I'm back to me again. I owe you one for that potion."

"I will come to collect," replied Evie, throwing her arm over the dark fairy's shoulder.

The five then followed Celia through the alley until they reached a silver and red door. The young villain kid tapped on the door to a certain rhythm, someone on the inside responding before Celia finished. It must have been their secret entrance code.

Helena looked around as they entered Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Arcade, coming through the back entrance to avoid the long line out front. When Dr. Facilier wasn't serving as the headmaster of Dragon Hall, he was the owner of an arcade that he ran on the side during the weekends. It quickly became one the most bustling places on the Isle for villain kids.

Helena watched as Celia called out her father's name, the sinister villain reciprocating her happiness as the pair did their own special greeting. The Underworld princess was happy to learn that Celia was one of the lucky VKs with a parent that actually seemed to care about their well-being. Yet, she also knew that Dr. Facilier never treated Freddie like that, he wasn't the same parent he was to Celia as he was to her older sister.

Facilier then pulled his youngest daughter aside as the two walked. "So, what kind of hustle you got going on with them shiny people?"

"No hustle. I got Friends on the Other Side. I even spoke to them." Celia grinned at the way her father's eyes widened at the new information. "That's right. I got magic."

"How did you get a hold of it so fast?"

"I've been practicing with Helena, she's the one making sure that they're kept under control."

"And what did our Friends on the Other Side have to say?"

"Nothing good." Celia then heads towards her father's tarot reading table, Facilier taking a seat while his daughter grabs a vaguely skull shaped key off a nearby rack. "Which is why I'm going to need this."

Facilier raised an eyebrow, instantly recognizing the key and what it opened. "And what you going down there for?"

"We're on a mission. I'm kind of a major player, so that's why we can't stay long."

"But first thing first," said Helena as she, Jay, Mal and Evie came to the table. "We need to talk, Facilier."

But the Shadow Man merely pointed to the key now hanging around his daughter's neck. "Why do you all need to go to the Abandoned Lair? Do you have any idea of what's down there? Who used to be down there?"