FIVE: Fear the Isle

It's been one week since their visit to the Isle. And today was the big day when they were bringing the new VKs over to Auradon. The kingdom was about to change forever yet Mal could hardly focus on that.

She had long since gotten ready for the big event that was being thrown. Now, she was outside with a pair of binoculars, using them to stare out at the vast ocean in front of her. It never sat right with Mal that Uma was out roaming freely in Auradon for the past two years. And after Helena's encounter with the young sea witch, it only left Mal feeling more on edge. Like something bad was about to happen.

Mal then squealed as Ben sneaked up from behind her, pulling her into a hug. The dark fairy smiled lovingly at him as moved to her side.

"Not a tentacle in a sight," Mal told him, looking out at the clear ocean.

"I think if Uma was up to something, we'd know by now."

"And we do. We know that she's planning something and we need to be ready for it."

"She hasn't done anything just yet."

Mal knew that her boyfriend's words were said in an attempt to reassure her and calm her worried mind. And though she always appreciates how he always gave people the benefit of the doubt, this wasn't the time for that. This was Uma they were talking about here.

"No, Ben, I know how villains think and I don't trust Uma as far as I can throw her. She's gonna wait until our defenses are down and then that's when she's going to strike," The daughter of Maleficent explained before sighing, picking up her binoculars once more. "I really wish I had time to go do a dragon flyover because I can go so much higher."

"Well, you can't be everywhere at once. Besides, I got your back," The king replied, the two directing their attention to the guards high above them that were also looking out at the ocean.

"I know. Thank you," Mal muttered, grateful for all that he's been doing. She then turned back around to face the sea again. "I just wish that there was something more that I could do."

"You are doing more than enough. Now, breathe." Mal did as he said, taking a deep breath to relax herself. She was still tense, but was able to feel some relief.

Ben then gestured for to come with him, "Come on."

Meanwhile, Jay, Helena, Carlos and Evie were among the crowd that had gathered on the grounds of Auradon Prep to welcome the three new VKs. The welcoming party was planned by the Bureau and attended by some of the most prominent figures in Auradon while being broadcasted all over the kingdom. It was all part of showcasing the reunification process of the Isle and Auradon, and the first step in the plan created by Mal, Ben, Evie, Helena, Carlos and Jay to see VKs in Auradon.

"Here they come," Evie said with a smile. Today was a big day for everyone. Not only were they going to give three kids a chance at a better life, but Mal was also going to answer one of the biggest questions she's ever been asked.

Mal and Ben walked out of the castle hand-in-hand in all of their royal splendor. They waved to the people cheering for them, smiles never leaving their faces. The couple then stepped onto a platform that allowed them to overlook the crowd.

Helena moved to the front of the crowd, now standing beside Carlos while among their friends and Ben's parents. Knowing what was about to happen, Carlos and Helena shared a look with each other before turning their attention back to the royal couple. Fairy Godmother handed the king the microphone after testing it out.

"What's up, Auradon?" The son of Adam and Belle asked. Helena cheered along with the rest of the crowd, letting the king know that they were all excited. "Thank you. Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon. And this is only the first step in our Juvenile Reunification Program that will give all kids, regardless of where they're from, a chance at their happily ever after. It worked out pretty well for the first five, and it's been going great for our latest two."