THIRTY-FIVE: A Happy Ending

It was Ascension Day, the day that was months, if not years, in the making. Auradon had just seen her, Hector and Uma enter Olympus for the first time. Now, the King of Olympus himself had just proclaimed that she would be the Goddess of Rebirth and Rejuvenation.

A smile found its way onto Helena's face as Zeus exclaimed, "Ζήτω η νέα μας θεά Long live our new goddess!"

"Ζήτω η νέα μας θεά Long live our new goddess!" exclaimed the other major gods simultaneously.

With that, fanfare began playing by Apollo's attendants and the Muses began to sing. Zeus and Helena together leave the Hall of Gods. Hector and Uma followed after the pair, who were then followed by the other major Olympians. The procession made its way out of the Hall of the Gods and to the nearby ballroom. There, the other gods and creatures were already there with food and drinks laid out in a grand banquet. The procession stopped in the doorway as the song ended, the major Olympians lining up beside each other.

"I present to you all," states Zeus, holding up Helena's hand once more to the other deities and creatures of Olympus. "Our new Goddess of Rebirth and Rejuvenation."

"Ζήτω η νέα μας θεά Long live our new goddess!" exclaimed the crowds simultaneously.

"Καλώς ήρθες πίσω, αγαπητέ μου Welcome back, my dear," Zeus tells his niece softly, offering her a small smile before letting her hand go. "But before we begin with the festivities, I do believe Poseidon has an announcement to make."

"Yes, I do," The sea god then clears his throat, stepping forward from his place beside Hades. "It is in regards to my granddaughter, Uma."

"Me?" repeats Uma, obviously startled.

"You helped to fulfill the prophecy and prevent the downfall of Olympus. But more than that, you have been a great leader for your people. You gave them a home, cared for them when they were abandoned, and have never once stopped fighting for them and seeking to better their lives. There is a reason why your Lost Revenge crew calls you its captain, why you are the one they look to when they are faced with adversity. It is because you are not only strong, but also intelligent, determined, resilient and loyal ... and you have reminded me of something I thought I lost so long ago." There was a brief pause as Poseidon took a moment to look at his granddaughter, seeing two women that he both loved and lost in her. "And for all that you've done and have yet to still do, I am announcing that I will be restoring you to your rightful position."

Uma was confused by this. "My rightful position? What does that mean?"

"It means that I, Poseidon, God and Lord of the Sea, am pleased to give and grant unto you, Uma, daughter of Ursula, the style and titular dignity of a Princess of Atlantica. And I am pleased to declare my will and pleasure that Ms. Uma of Atlantica shall henceforth be known as Her Highness The Princess Uma of Atlantica."

The Sea God then extended his trident forward, water spewing it that surrounded Uma in a vortex before disappearing. The sea witch looked around and felt over herself before feeling something on her crown, her grandmother's gem. The Gem of Clarity that she had hidden in a secret pocket in her dress now part of the tiara on her head. The design on Uma's robe had even changed to include symbols representing Atlantica.

Poseidon then slammed his trident onto the floor. "Στην Πριγκίπισσα μας To our Princess!"

"Στην Πριγκίπισσα μας To our Princess!" exclaims the other gods and deities simultaneously.

Zeus lets out a hearty laugh, "Now, we celebrate."

And with that, the crowd dispersed as all the gods and creatures began to mingle with each other. Helena turned, spotting Hades in a dark corner. With a smile, she headed towards her father and gave him a hug.