TWENTY-NINE: A Family Reunion

With Maleficent defeated and the curse broken, the heroes had saved the day. They were all standing on the lawn of Beast Castle with Hades as the kingdom sprung back to life. But now was not the time for celebrations.

Ben glanced back at the castle, hearing the commotion coming from the royal residence. "I've got to go."

As King, he couldn't neglect his duties. His entire kingdom was in disarray after waking up days later due to a curse, and one cast by the heir to the Aurorian throne. This was a political, social and economical nightmare. 

Hades nodded, "Yes, I know you've got quite a mess on your hands."

"We'll go with you," stated Carlos firmly.

Jay placed a hand on the king's shoulder, "You're going to need our help."

Ben laughed, knowing fully well it was true. "Thanks guys."

Celia crossed her arms with a pout, "I don't want to go."

Evie looked at the girl whose care she was charged with. "Celia..."

"Are we going to see the jewels?"

"No."

"Then I'm not going. I'd rather go hang out with Dizzy and CJ."

Harry's eyes widened in shock. "Oh my God, CJ!"

Harry hadn't seen or spoken to his little sister face-to-face in over two years. And the first he saw her since coming to Auradon, she was asleep, cursed by a vengeful princess. But now, she was free and this would be the first time the Hook siblings would truly be reunited.

The Hook boy then began to panic, "Oh God. How am I-"

"I will take you," interjected Hades. "I'm a god. Instant travel comes with the territory."

"I wanna see CJ and Dizzy too," added Gil.

"Those that are not staying here and planning to restore a distressed kingdom, come along."

The large group of VKs and AKs then split accordingly. Those going with Ben to restore the kingdom were Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Jane, Hector and Doug. Harry, Gil and Celia moved towards Hades to be taken to Evie's house, where CJ, Dizzy, and the Smee twins were.

Uma stood where she was for a moment before silently joining the group that had gathered around Ben. With all that's been happening with Maleficent and Audrey, Uma had learned the hard way what happened to those that sought vengeance. She had seen the great lengths they would go to in order to retribution, tainting their souls until they no longer had resemblance of themselves. And she saw the great consequences they would face for their actions, both in this life and the next.

That wasn't a path Uma wanted for herself. She wanted to help the Isle and its residents. Getting revenge wasn't going to do that, but maybe whatever the first batch of VKs had going on would.

It was Ben that took notice of the sea witch and smiled. "Part of the solution?"

Uma pretended to contemplate the king's words. "Something like that."

"So..." questioned Harry. "Do we, like, hold onto something?"

The Lord of the Dead said nothing but waved his hand, the smaller group disappearing in pillars of blue flames. Harry, Gil, Celia and Helena appeared outside of Evie's house in an instant, the flames disappearing to reveal their new location. The son of Captain Hook took a step forward but paused, still unsure of whether or not the curse was truly broken. Whether or not his hopes of seeing his sister would be destroyed.

"CJ..." Harry muttered to himself before screaming out, "CJ!"

The door opened and out peeked the Hook girl, who looked around confusedly. But her expression turned into one of shock when she spotted her brother, and took off running. Harry let out a sigh of relief, meeting his sister halfway to give her the biggest hug he could. Helena smiled at the sight, happy that the siblings could have this moment after that happened.