THIRTY-TWO: A New Day

Weeks after the awakening of Audrey, everyone was gathered in the courtyard of the castle to celebrate Ben and Mal's upcoming wedding. It was a private event held at the family's private summer residence near Belle's Harbor on the edge of Auradon. Only close friends and family were given invitations, a select number of high-ranking Auradon royals among that group. As it was a private event, it gave Mal the opportunity to ease into her new role as it would be the first event she would be attending as the future queen.

Helena was excited that couldn't believe that one of her best friends would be getting married and becoming queen in a matter of months. Who would've thought that when they first came to Auradon, they would fall in love and build a life here?

Helena and Evie arrived together, Carlos and Jay arriving earlier with Squirmy, Squeaky, CJ, Dizzy and Celia. The young VKs were still adjusting to life in Auradon, a struggle which only got worse thanks to the curse. And they weren't happy about Uma, Harry and Gil leaving, especially since they were never given the opportunity to fully reconnect with the sea-loving trio. The young quintet did try to focus their attention on happier things like the upcoming school year and the fact that Celia, Squeaky, and Squirmy would be attending Auradon Prep for the first time. And while they were excited, the older VKs knew that they were still hurt.

"There you guys are," greets CJ, Dizzy and Celia trailing behind her. "We thought you were never going to make it."

"Oh, ha ha," Helena laughs falsely.

"What took you guys so long?" asks Celia.

Evie points at her best friend teasingly, "Oh, you know, Helena couldn't make up her mind. Does this necklace go with these earrings? What about the bracelet? What about the tiara?"

"I just wanted to make sure it looked alright," Helena retorts, reaching up to touch the tiara on her head. "This is a big day."

Evie shook her head, "You know, you might be a goddess now, Hells, but you're still helpless when it comes to these types of things."

The Underworld princess took the blue haired girl's hand. "Well, this is why I have you in my life."

Evie nods appreciatively, "Nice one."

"Thank you."

"Well, you look great," CJ says encouragingly.

"This is what I was trying to tell her," interjects Evie teasingly but Helena only shook her head.

"And the dress, wow," gushes Dizzy, Helena spinning around to show it off and causing the girls to laugh.

Designed by Evie herself, Helena's dress was a real eye-catcher that was nothing less than amazing

Designed by Evie herself, Helena's dress was a real eye-catcher that was nothing less than amazing. It was a strapless navy blue high-low dress with a sweetheart neckline and A-line silhouette. The beaded, lace appliqué of flowers and beads extended from the bust down to the waist. Layers of tulle were pleated over the other to give the dress its wavy, unique appearance. Her hair was in a half-up hairstyle, the half that was down curled and tiara resting atop of her head. It was paired with the black heels, sapphire and diamond dangle earrings and her ring set from Carlos.