THIRTY-THREE: Coming Together

Uma leaned back in her chair in the captain's quarters of the Lost Revenge. It had been weeks since she, Harry and Gil returned to the Isle and their crew. Mal kept her word, establishing a line of communication that directly connected the trio to the royal couple. In return, the Lost Revenge crew was officially on lookout duty, keeping an eye on the four villains that worked with Maleficent. As far as they knew, the foursome were bunkered at EQ's Castle-Across-the-Way and have yet to make their next move.

The daughter of Ursula ran a hand down her face, letting out a sigh as she did so. Though she enjoyed being among her crew again, she just needed some time to breathe and think. It was becoming a new habit of hers, where she would just sneak off to her quarters for alone time.

She underestimated just how much had changed around the island during the time she was away. More importantly, she underestimated how much she had changed while being away. Since finding a way off the Isle over two years ago, Uma never thought about returning to the Isle. Of course, she thought of her crew and the VKs there as she was trying to set all the VKs free. But she never thought of returning to the Isle to live permanently. The goal was always to get everyone out, but she was back in with everyone else.

When Uma first arrived back, she would fit right back in and go back to her daily routine as usual. However, it quickly proved to be easier said than done. For two years, Uma was living on her own in Auradon. She could go anywhere she wanted in the kingdom (as long as she didn't get caught), have all the food she wanted, and practice her magic freely. But now she was stuck within the confines of a small, overcrowded island with no magic and no way out.

But perhaps the bigger issue was that Uma didn't feel like she belonged anymore. In a way, she was still the same person she's always been, someone that wanted more out of life and did whatever she had to get it. However, if there was one thing that her recent adventure in Auraodn with the others only proved is that she wasn't as ... evil as she once thought and that was okay. She wanted more out of her life than being evil and causing mayhem. And maybe she could one day, open her own business like Evie, Helena and Carlos, or be involved in politics like Mal.

Was that too much to ask?

Uma opened the drawer at the apron of the desk, the Gem of Clarity shining amongst the clutter. She picked up the gem and held it in her hand, running her fingers over the jagged edges. Hades was right, she had more inside her than she thought.

Suddenly, there was a loud boom outside that caused Uma to sit up with wide eyes. Her hand tightened around her grandmother's gem as the other reached for her sword. Hearing the sound of keys jingling, the daughter of Ursula looks up to see an out-of-breath Harry flinging open the door.

"What is going on?" She asks and then takes in his appearance. "And why are you so out of breath?"

"You need to come outside. Now," was all the Hook boy before running out the door again.

Curious, Uma stood up and followed the Hook boy out the door and up to the deck. There, she saw the Lost Revenge crew scattered around the ship and the deck looking up at the sky. In fact, all the people of the Isle were staring up at the sky above. Following their gaze, it was easy to see why. Gold drops of magic fell down from the sky, the drops then turning into golden birds that flew throughout the island.

Uma looked at the strange scene before her, stopping to stand between her two boys. "Are those -"

"Birds," said Gil in awe. He chuckled as the bird flew past his face. "Pretty."

Uma was still confused. "How is this even -"

"No, no. Just Listen," instructed Harry, Uma looking at him with raised eyebrows.