THIRTY-FOUR: Divine and Royal

Two months had passed since Mal and Ben's engagement party that saw all VKs set free. In keeping with the contract, the Olympians gave the former Isle residents a plot of land to call their own that was abundant with fresh produce. On that land was an estate of a former noble, which included a castle, that was a gift from Ben and Mal. Still, many questions remained about the Isle kids about their schooling, supplies, and parents. But for now, they had food, clothing and a safe place to live.

The royal couple were married a month after their engagement party. Apparently, planning a wedding, and a royal wedding at that, wasn't done in a day. It took a lot of time creating the guest list, figuring out seating arrangements, scheduling other engagements in the leadup to the wedding, and a whole list of other tasks. But the most important task, however, was ensuring that this royal event that while important for the kingdom was still reflective of Ben, Mal, and the love they shared. And in the end, Ben and Mal were married in a lavish yet heartfelt ceremony, and were now King and Queen.

And today, a month after that wedding, marked yet another historic occasion. Helena and her friends have been in Little Greece for the past week for the festivities, staying on an estate that belonged to one of Apollo's children. But all those events were leading up to the big event today, the likes of which may never be seen again. Because today was Ascension Day, the day that the world would see a new god enter Olympus. And all eyes would be on the new goddess.

The daughter of Hades was sitting in front of a vanity in her room, wringing her hands and shifting in her seat in a poor attempt to quell her nerves. Today would be the day that she would return to Olympus, be officially proclaimed a goddess after fulfilling the prophecy. As excited as she was, she was nervous. What if the gods still hated her? What if they changed their mind? What if -

"Will you stop moving?" asked Evie, snapping Helena out of her thoughts. The blue haired princess sent a friend a pointed look, a makeup brush in her hand. "You asked for my help, remember?"

"Sorry, I'm nervous," mutters the brunette princess as Evie continued to work.

"You don't need to worry so much. Today is going to be perfect."

"Gods, I feel like I'm going to puke."

"Not all over my dress."

Mal snorts from behind them, "Great priorities there, E." The dark fairy moves to stand on Helena's left, adjusting the Queen's crown on her head. "And Hells, don't be so nervous. You're going to do great."

"Exactly," Evie replies before pulling away, now done with Helena's makeup. "And now, you're ready to go."

Helena stood up from the chair and headed over to the full body mirror. She let out a breath as she took in her full appearance.

As expected, Evie had designed an amazing dress for Helena

As expected, Evie had designed an amazing dress for Helena. It was a gorgeous strapless navy blue dress with an A-line silhouette. There were ruffles around the sweetheart neckline that resembled flowers that stood out against the beaded, velvet bodice. The fabric of the dress then shifted to tulle for the skirt, which extended onto the floor in a sweeping train. A glittering floral tiara rested atop of her head, her hair flowing down her back in waves.