TWENTY-EIGHT: The Prophecy Fulfilled

Meanwhile, Mal and Uma were still locked into a battle with Maleficent. Uma had managed to successfully break the spell that surrounded the castle and kept the others trapped inside. And the villainess wasn't too happy about it.

"No!" screamed Maleficent, turning away from the dragon just to see her spell being broken. "You little-"

Dragon Mal swooped down, breathing fire directly at Maleficent that caused the villain to turn away. Uma smiled slightly as she paused to catch her breath.

But her smile quickly fell when a green blast of magic struck Mal's wing, causing the dragon to fall to the ground. Mal curls the injured wing around her body as she falls but regains her balance before hitting the ground.

"No, no, no," Uma mutters to herself as she rushes closer to the dragon.

Maleficent laughed at the pair, "You cannot win. You're weak, pathetic, and dreadful creatures, all of you."

Uma ignored Maleficent, focusing her attention on the dragon who had been taking a lot of hits in this fight. "Come on, Mal. We're in this together. I'm right here! Regain your might and finish this fight!"

The villainess laughed, "I never took you for the encouraging type, Uma."

The sea witch watched Mal, seeing the fury in her eyes as she roared at her mother and quickly realized the problem. "Ignore her, okay? We can do this! We've gotten this far and we can put an end to this, all of it, but you need to believe we can!"

It was no secret to Uma as to why Mal was struggling against Maleficent, knowing fully well that the battle was truly internal instead of external. Mal was the child to the great Mistress of All Evil, something which she could never get rid of. She could never run from the legacy her mother left in Auradon and how it's still being felt till this day. She could never run from her status as a VK or her ties with the Isle of the Lost.

And because of her mother, Mal would never be enough. Never enough in the eyes of the Isle people, who was her a coward that turned back on them. She was never enough in the eyes of Auradon's elites, who saw her parentage as a disgrace to the crown. Never enough in the eyes of Maleficent herself, who denied the young girl her whole name because she wasn't worthy of it. No matter how much she tried, there was no getting rid of her. Maleficent will forever be the dark cloud that hung over Mall all her life.

And in that sense, there was no defeating her.

"Mal!" screamed Uma, cutting through the younger fairy's train of thought. The dragon turned her head towards the sea witch and paused momentarily.

But Mal wasn't on her own, was she? She had Ben, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Helena and even Uma on her side among others. She had friends and family with her and together, they could win.

Uma's shell began to glow, causing the sea witch to pull it out and look back at the dragon. "See? We're stronger together!" Then the daughter of Ursula then placed the Gem of Clarity on the dragon, "Regain your might and finish this fight! I'm right here, girl! I'm right here!" The gem began to glow with a bright blue color, its power flooding through Mal's veins. Mal's wings grew stronger, blowing air harshly around the sea witch. "Regain your might and finish this fight!"

Mal flew upward, snarling down at the villain with a newfound determination to end this once and for all. Maleficent only laughs evilly as she readies herself before she and her daughter let out a blast of power. The stream of fire from the dragon was met with a ray of fiery green magic from the villainess. And of course, Maleficent knew that she would soon win over Mal. Her child was only half-fae and with the other half being human, she didn't stand a chance. And Maleficent took great pleasure in her upcoming victory, evident by the wicked smile on her face.