47. Aftermath

Olivia:

After I gathered my bearings and stopped crying, I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up. I was ready to leave this damned place, but I didn't want to run into anyone with snot on my face and give them more reasons to talk about me.

I splashed my face with cold water and stared at my taunting reflection in the mirror. My hair was sticking to the water on my face, my eyeliner and mascara were smudging around my swollen eyes. Overall, I looked like a complete mess. My reflection stared back at me with condescending eyes and I had to look away. Wasn't it enough that I had to endure those looks from the rest of the student body? Why did I have to look at myself the same way?

I should treat myself with more respect. I deserved better. If I didn't treat myself better, then who would? I had no friends and no one who really cared about me. The one person I started to believe actually loved me turned out to be a liar and an asshole. No surprise there.

The door to the bathroom swung open, and Melissa walked in with her posse, Jessica and Lauren. Oh great, just what I needed. The bitch who Zane kissed and her monkeys in tow. I don't think I've ever seen Melissa without Jessica or Lauren standing behind her like a couple of pathetic cheerleading bodyguards. I suppressed a scoff as all three of them turn to glare at me.

"Excuse me, but this bathroom is for normal people. The mentally unstable pee behind the gym," Melissa said to me in a sickly sweet voice. Jessica and Lauren giggled and I stared at them, my eyes expressing no emotion whatsoever. I had this look down pat and memorized by now. I couldn't let them get to me. I couldn't let any of them get to me.

"Then what the hell are you doing here?" I asked, veering my gaze away from her and her posse.

Melissa looked confused for a moment. I guess it took her a second longer than it should have before she understood what I said. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. How was it even possible to be so dense?

Melissa just rolled her eyes and the girls walked over to the sink. I suppressed an urge to laugh when they started to check themselves out in the mirror.

"I can't believe she hasn't went home yet. I'd die with embarrassment after what happened earlier." Lauren said loudly, speaking about me as if I wasn't even there.

I clenched my teeth together and turned off the faucet, reaching over to grab some paper towels to dry my face. Stay calm Olivia, stay calm....

"She's not even that pretty. I don't know why Zane wanted to sleep with her," Jessica giggled, while her posse nodded in agreement.

I whirled around and gave them my most menacing look. "He slept with me because he likes me. You're just jealous because he wouldn't fuck dumb bimbos like you." I smirked and stomped out of the bathroom, leaving them with their mouths dropped open in shock.

Serves them right! I seethed, holding my bag tightly to my side as I sped walked down the hall. I could feel my chest tightening up and my eyes beginning to water because they were right. Zane didn't actually like me, he just used me once he got what he wanted — sex.

I pushed open the front doors and ran down the steps, trying to escape my thoughts. But I couldn't. No matter how many times I tried to tell myself that Zane was a good person, I couldn't really believe it. He's fucked up too many times; hurt me too many times. But I couldn't make myself stop liking him, no matter how hard I tried.

"Olivia."

I froze at the sound of my name. I quickly swiped my hand over my face and turned, surprised to see Grant standing in front of me. "What do you want?" I asked a little too defensively, still irritated from the bathroom confrontation.