17. Attraction

Olivia:

A couple of hours passed, and we were still here at the park, playing around like we were little kids. I didn't mind, though. It was nice feeling so carefree and young. 

The wind picked up and blew my hair around my face as I stood behind the latter of the slide. I closed my eyes and smiled, enjoying the feel of the wind.

“Boo!” Zane's loud voice interrupted the peaceful silence. I jumped slightly and frowned at him. I hit his hand that was reaching towards me.

“Ow!” he cried and jumped back.

“Oh! I’m sorry!” I apologized, barely holding back my laughter. He pouted and sucked on his index finger. God, he looks so adorable....

“That hurt,” he whined and climbed up the slide towards me.

“I said I was sorry,” I said.

He sniffed and looked down. I rolled my eyes. “What else do you want?” I asked, throwing my hands up in mock frustration. He looked at me. His eyes were a deep blue. They were so mesmerizing; I could get lost in them forever...

“A kiss.”

I snapped out of my daze and scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. Then, my eyes went wide as I processed what he just said. “Wh—“

“I think a kiss would help me forgive you.”

I rolled my eyes. His eyes bore into mine, then trailed down slowly to my lips. My breath caught in my throat and I could feel my heart racing wildly. He crawled closer to me, never breaking eye contact with my lips. Once he was kneeling in front of me, he pressed his hand to the side of my cheek. The coldness of his skin felt like heaven against my unusually warm skin.

The wind blew harshly again, causing his hair to whip around wildly. I caught a whiff of his smell. Somehow, it calmed me down. 

“Fine." I said, giving in to him.

I leaned my head towards his, suddenly feeling bold.  He stood very still as my lips neared his. I lightly brushed them against his, causing his breath to hitch. Closing my eyes, I pressed my lips to his, earning a low growl from him. 

 I kissed him with more passion this time. I poured all of my feelings into this kiss. A shiver coursed throughout my body, and the familiar ache between my legs returned.  I knew all too well that he made my body react in ways no one else ever had. Not even Grant.  

He placed a hand on my hip and pulled me in closer to him. His simple touch cause my body to feel on fire. I wanted to press closer to him and feel his toned body with my hands.

I trailed my tongue across his top lip and he let out a low groan. I smiled and placed my hand on his jaw, but before I could do anything else, he pulled away from me with wide eyes.

I frowned slightly. He has never pulled away from me before. This revelation caused my chest to tighten. Come on! That's a BIG clue that he doesn’t want you, my inner self said.

“OK…I forgive you,” he stammered. He was breathing hard and his pupils were dilated.

“Um…okay. I think we should head back and get ready for Candice and Tommy.” I said, quickly recovering from my wounded ego.

He nodded, but continued staring at me. His bottom lip was in his mouth and his chest was rising and falling pretty quickly.

I cleared my throat and climbed down the slide's latter, and headed for the gate. I turned back and saw that Zane was still kneeling on the slide, seemingly lost in thought.