3. The Plan

Olivia:

I woke up that morning to find black makeup smeared under my eyes, which were red and puffy. Ugh, I hate break ups! Even though this was my second one. The first time it wasn’t that bad since we dated for a month. It's different when you spend a whole year with someone you thought you were in love with.

I got in the shower and decided on wearing a pair of loose jeans and a red and black shirt. I slipped on a pair of sandals and rushed downstairs and into the kitchen. I made myself some toast, and walked out the door with the piece of toast in my mouth and headed for my black jeep.

I haven't seen my parents in about two days. They went to Ireland for a little getaway. They always do things without me, so I don't mind too much. That arrangement worked perfectly when Grant and I wanted to hang out alone. Now that I'm single, it sucks being alone.

I sniffed. Don’t cry! Do not cry! I demanded to myself. I continued to chant that to myself as I pulled into the school parking lot. I took  a deep breath and got out.

I went to my locker ,trying not to make any eye contract with anyone. I knew if everyone found out about my breakup, then they would be constantly bugging me about what happened. I didn’t want to talk about it. I put my books in my locker and shut it.

“Taylor!” I turned around and knew who it was instantly. Only Zane called me by my last name.

“What?” I asked with a sigh.

I discreetly let my eyes travel up and down his body.  He actually looked good today. The ends of his hair were wet from a shower and his blue eyes looked lighter today. Why are you thinking that way? That’s disgusting, you know that, right? I mentally argued with myself.

“I need to talk to you.” he said quietly, putting on a seductive look. I didn’t fall for it.

 “Don’t play this shit with me Zane. What do you want?” I snapped, annoyed.

“Grumpy aren’t we?”

I rolled my eyes. “Why aren’t you? Your girlfriend just broke up with you!”

He shrugged. “Oh well. Listen, I was thinking last night—“

“Finally figured out how to do that?” I snorted, and he glared at me.

“I really want Kendra back and I know you want Grant back, am I right?”

I looked away. Yes, of course I want him back! I love him.

“So my mom gave me an idea.” I looked up at him, finally getting a little intrigued. “Let’s make them jealous!” I stared at him a moment as he grinned like an idiot.

“And how would we do that?” I asked slowly.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. “We become a couple and fake a relationship. It’s perfect! They’ll see us together, and then they’ll want us back! I’m a genius!” He jumped up and down and spun around, trying not to hit anyone, and stopped to look at me. I stared wide eyed at him, surprised.

“So?”

“So, what?” I said slowly, making him frown slightly.

“Are you in?” He asked, giving me that puppy dog look.

 I looked down. It was a great plan actually. But I don't want to lie! Would Grant really want me back? If he saw me with Zane, would he care? Would he be jealous?

“I don’t know,” I said softly, gazing down at the floor. I tuned Zane out and thought back to the time when Grant and I were at the beach in California……