37. Lights Out!

Kendra:

"Grant, wait up!" I called breathlessly as I weaved my way around the crowded sidewalk. I scowled when Grant sped up, trying to avoid me. Oh no you don't... I shoved my way past a group of people, and quickly grabbed the back of Grant's shirt and tugged on it.

He stopped in his tracks, and let out a sigh as he turned to face me. "What do you want?"

I frowned and released him. "Well, I uh, I just miss you..." I mumbled, casting my gaze to the ground. 

Grant sighed again and I looked up at him. "Kendra, stop acting like this. You're only doing this because we're not together anymore." He ran his hand through his messy hair and looked at something behind me, obviously trying to avoid looking at me. "You stopped showing me affection months into our relationship, so why start now?"

I clenched my hands into fists and narrowed my eyes at him. "You know damn well that I love you! We were so good together I don't know why you left me for her....I treated you way better than Olivia did!"

Grant stepped closer to me and glared down at me. "Don't ever compare yourself to Olivia, you're nothing like her! I don't even know why I left her for you, or even got involved with you for that matter! You showed your true colors after the honeymoon phase of our relationship ended. You're nothing but a stuck-up brat," he spat.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I stepped away from him, refusing to let him break me down. "You'll regret this." I said in a low voice, and pushed past him.

Once I made it to my house, I stomped my way to my room and slammed the door shut. She's going to get what she deserves, I thought angrily as I whipped out my phone. 

Don't forget.

As soon as I hit SEND, I tossed the phone onto my bed, anxiously waiting for Zane's reply. I swear to god if he backs out.... A cruel smile appeared on my face as I thought of all the ways I could get back at him for not following through with my plan. 

Olivia:

We were halfway through the third Star Wars movie when Zane and I started to fight about it. “Anakin deserved it!” I yelled out, glaring at Zane.

“No he doesn’t! He was only doing it to save Padme.” He shot back, sticking his tongue out at me.

I shook my head and laughed, already forgetting about the text Kendra sent. “No, he shouldn’t have listened to that jerk of a bad guy.”

Zane chuckled and rolled  his eyes. “He didn’t have a choice.”

“Yes he did!”

Zane sighed and pointed at the screen. “Can we please watch the movie now?” I rolled my eyes and stood up, making my way out of the living room.

“Where are you going?” 

“None of your business!” I shouted playfully. I could practically hear him roll his eyes, and I shook my head.

I made my way to the kitchen and pulled out two mugs and packets of hot chocolate. “Do you want hot chocolate?” I yelled out.

“Duh! You don't even have to ask!” Zane yelled back, making me giggle.

I was busying myself with heating up the mugs full of the delicious drink, when the lights began to flicker. "Please don't go out, please don't go out..." I chanted to myself, eyeing the lights warily.  And what do you know, thanks to my luck, the lights flickered one last time and everything went dark. It didn't help that it was already dark outside, so there was no type of light in my house.