45. Confrontation

Grant:

I wiped my lips angrily, trying to erase the feeling of her lips against mine. Don't get me wrong, Olivia is an amazing kisser, it's one of the things I missed about her. But I didn't want to be kissed by her if she thought I was Zane, of all people.

"I-I'm sorry," she stammered, brushing her lips with the back of her hand. She slowly stood up, keeping her eyes trained to the ground to avoid looking at me. 

"You're sorry? Really? I mean, how could you mistake someone like me for him?" I asked in frustration. I tried to ignore the pang in my heart at the thought of that. 

"Look, Grant.....just forget that this ever happened, okay?" She looked up at me, her eyes silently pleading with me to let this go. But.....I couldn't. I couldn't just let this go. I couldn't ignore the way she made me feel, even though she wasn't thinking of me when we kissed.

I was going to keep on ranting until I noticed her eyes beginning to water and her face turning bright red. I sighed and looked away, running my hand through my hair to calm myself down. "Yeah, whatever." 

I scratched the back of my head, trying to think of something to say. Suddenly, I remembered the conversation I had with the guys. "So, my friend Jonah is going to have a party this Friday, wanna come with?" I asked as casually as possible, trying to leave out any trace of desperation in my voice.

She bit her lip, thinking about my offer. I mentally groaned at the innocent act; every time she did that, it turned me on like crazy. "I don't know....I'll think about it." She said slowly.

I tried not to roll my eyes. Typical Olivia, always unsure of everything. "Alright, cool. Let me know soon. Friday will be here before you know it." I flashed her an awkward smile and walked away before I could get angry all over again.

After all, I had more important things to do.

I needed to find Zane.

Olivia:

"God, I'm so fucking stupid!" I yelled, pacing back and forth in the living room. The good thing was, no one was home, so I could scream all I wanted.

I stopped in front of the couch and kicked it angrily. Bad choice. "Ah, damn it!" I let myself fall onto the sofa and propped my ankle on my knee to rub my aching toe. 

After the pain went away, I rested my head against the sofa, thinking about the kiss. How could I mistake Grant for Zane? I thought bitterly, disgusted with myself. They don't even look remotely alike. 

But he sure as hell can kiss as good as Zane.

I shook my head violently, as if I were trying to shake that thought out of my head. No matter how good of a kisser Grant was, no one could compare to Zane's kisses. Zane had a way with those lips. He had a way of making me feel alive, excited, and turned my legs into jelly. Not to mention the way his lips felt all over my body.....

A tear slid down my face, surprising me. "What the...?" I wiped it away, but more fell. I placed my hands in my lap and clutched the hem of my shirt, trying to hold on to anything to keep me from losing control. God, I fucking miss you so much, Zane. I closed my eyes and let out a sob, memories of Zane and I flashing before my eyes. 

Suddenly, my phone let out a loud beep, signaling that I had a new message. I dried my face and took in a ragged breath before I reached for my phone. 

(1) New Message: Zane

My phone slipped from my grasp, crashing down onto the floor. I was too stunned to move, but I regained my senses and practically dove for my phone.