26. Tell Me

Zane:

I parked my car a couple of houses away from Olivia's, and got out. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and made my way to her house. I'm so stupid, I shouldn't have dragged her into my problems. 

I mentally scolded myself as I stood under her window. Yeah, I should just go. I was barely turning around to leave when I heard her window slide open. 

"Zane! What're you doing? Hurry up!" Olivia whispered harshly. Even though her voice was far from being cute, it still managed to make my heart race. This girl has a huge impact on me, I swear.

I took in a deep breath and turned back around. "I'm comin'!" I grumbled and climbed my way up to her window. Without hesitation, I flung myself into her room, landing softly onto the ground. 

"Fuck, it's cold out there." I groaned, letting the heat from her room warm up my freezing body. She giggled and I turned to look at her. My breath got caught in my throat. 

She looked fucking beautiful. She had on a tank top and black leggings, and her hair was down in waves, framing her beautiful face. And look at her chest, dear god. 

“Princess,” I said, my voice cracking. I cleared my throat and averted my eyes to her face, trying not to check out her body.

She narrowed her eyes and pouted, obviously upset because I called her Princess. "Oh shut it, Zane. Help me get the mattress so you can sleep on it," she huffed out, trudging over to the closet.

I tilted my head to the side and admired the way her ass looked walking away from me. I smirked and joined her. "Aw, I was hoping I would get to sleep with you."

She immediately stiffened, and let out a strange sound. "N-not even in your dreams, Zane." She stammered, her voice wavering. I stepped in front of her, and chuckled. Her face was bright red; redder than I've ever seen it. She glared at me and pushed me away from her.

"Stop messing around and help me with this," she snapped, bending over to pick up the mattress.  I admired her backside before I helped her retrieve the mattress.

We held it on either side and pulled it out of the closet. I helped her set it down next to her bed on the side that wasn't facing the door, just in case her parents came in, they wouldn't see me. She disappeared into the closet and came back with a pillow and a Barbie blanket.

“You’re kidding." I groaned, eyeing the ridiculous blanket.

She grinned and tossed it down on the mattress. “Nope. Who's the princess now?” She teased, placing her hands on her hips.

"Don't challenge me you little---"

Suddenly, I heard faint footsteps headed our way. “Olivia?”

“Shit!” Olivia cursed and grabbed my hand and shoved me into the closet. I laughed at her reaction, and she clamped her hand over my mouth.

Ow, shit! I winced, which caused her to frown. She removed her hand and studied my face, her eyes traveling down to my mouth. I knew she noticed the cut on my lip when her eyes widened.

Olivia:

Where did he get that cut?! I said to myself in panic. But before I could voice my concerns, someone knocked on my door.

“Olivia…I think we should talk…” My mother said from the other side of the door.

I shot Zane a glare and quickly went out of the closet, and shut the door behind me just in time. My mother's head was poking out from the crack of the door. 

"Sure, mom, come in." I said, clearing my throat. I tried to distract myself from what I saw just seconds ago, and focused my attention on my mother.

She walked over to me and frowned. “Something wrong honey?” 

I must have been focusing a little too hard, so I tried to loosen up my facial expression. I smiled at her and walked over to my bed and sat down. “Mom, I’m fine."

“Is everything okay with you and Zane? Are you on the pill, honey? Or at least using protection? I don’t want you getting pregnant.”

A strangled gasp escaped my lips and my eyes nearly bulged out of its socket. I heard a faint laugh coming from the closet, and I knew I was going to make Zane pay for that. I coughed loudly, trying to cover up the sounds of his laughter.

“Oh my god mom! I’m not having sex!” I shrieked, turning bright red.

“Okay honey...” she said slowly, scrunching her eyebrows together. Of course she doesn't believe me!

“You know mom…” I trailed off and looked away.

“Please don’t get mad at me, I’m only worried about you. Why don’t we do something tomorrow after I get back from work? Ever since your father and I have been fighting, it has been hard for us to do anything together. I miss spending time with you.” She gushed, and smiled. 

“Yeah, fine.” I said quickly, just wanting her to leave my room already.

She sighed and patted my knee. “Goodnight honey. I’m going to bed early because of work, and your father will be too.” Like I care. I thought bitterly. I was just in a bad mood, I honestly didn't mean to take it out on her.

She kissed my forehead and left the room. I sat there for a few seconds, then stood up and headed to my closet. I opened the door, and caught Zane smirking at me.

 “You should totally get on the pi—" 

I didn't give him a chance to finish. I stomped over to him and grabbed him roughly by his shirt, yanking him close to me. His eyes widened in surprise, and he stared right at me.

“I want to know the truth,” I said fiercely.

He frowned, and tried to pull himself away from me. I released my grip on him, but I quickly reached down to lift up his shirt. There was another bruise forming next to the yellowing one on his hip.

He looked away, teeth clenched. “I don’t—"

“If you don’t give me an answer I swear to god….” I warned. I made my hands into fists to stop them from shaking. 

His eyes glazed over and he looked away from me. “I think I should leave....” He said softly, and walked by me and out of the closet.

I bit down on my lip and shook my head in defiance. I stomped out of the closet and grabbed him by the shoulder, turning him around. “Zane,” I pleaded, my eyes watering. “I want to know, now.”

With that, I pulled him in and smashed my lips against his, not caring if it was cut. He stood there, stunned. A couple of seconds later, his lips responded to mine and he kissed me back.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me against him, making me crash into his strong body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed into him as close as I possibly could. I kissed him passionately; I poured my heart into this kiss.  I want him to know how much I care about him....

Finally, I pulled back, leaving the both of us panting. His lip was bleeding a little, but he didn’t seem to notice or care. He was frowning, his blue eyes full of lust, passion, and sadness.

“Olivia,” he breathed out. His voice was filled with pain and it made my chest tighten. "Okay, I'll tell you."

-------------------------------------

Sorry if it's short, but I'll upload another chapter REALLY soon xoxox