10. "Drunk" Kisses

Olivia:

A month later

Zane and I have been together for a  month and one week now. We tried our best to make Grant and Kendra jealous, but nothing seemed to bother them.

Once in a while they would break, but then they would act as if nothing happened. But we weren’t giving up. Zane and I still rant and argue with each other, but it was getting better.

We haven't kissed since that night, though.

“Oh, would you just shut up!” Zane complained as we went into my house.

“You shut up! I’m the one who has to deal with you!” I yelled.

He threw himself down onto the couch dramatically. “Drama queen,” I muttered.

He grinned and raised an eyebrow. “Get me something to eat.” He ordered, grabbing the TV remote.

“What do I look like? Your slave?” I said, putting my hands on my hips.

He looked me up and down and was about to say something, but I put a finger up to silence him. “You know what, don’t answer that.”

He laughed and I left him downstairs to change. I went up stairs and changed out of my clothes and into a pair of loose jeans and a tank top. I put my hair up in a pony tail and went back down stairs.

On my way to the kitchen, I slapped the back of Zane's head, causing him to curse loudly. Smiling to myself, I made grilled cheese sandwiches. I raided the fridge for something to drink. I saw bottles of alcohol on the bottom shelf, and i grinned widely.  I grabbed two and shut the fridge closed.

My parents wouldn’t be home untll late, so why not?

I went back into the living room and tossed his plate down onto the coffee table. Then, I set the bottle of alcohol next to it, and he looked up at me with wide eyes.

“What?” I asked, frowning. I pushed his feet off the table and sat down next to him. He kept looking at me strangely.

“Oh…nothing,” he forced his eyes away from me and I kept frowning as I bit into my sandwich. I opened up my drink with the bottle opener, and he raised an eyebrow at me. I smirked and tilted the bottle back, gulping down half of the drink. It tasted awful, but I didn’t care.

Glancing at the TV, I saw an old rerun of Smallville playing. I love that show. “So, you watch this?” I asked casually, taking another swig of my drink.

He nodded. “Yeah, it’s cool.”

Ten drinks and four episodes of Smallville later, we were loopy. “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe Chloe would reject him like that!” I yelled, my hands flopping by my sides.

Zane and I were lounged on the couch, our heads almost touching and our bodies hanging off of the couch.

“But Clark was being an ass! He deserved it.” Zane shot back.

I rolled my eyes. “But she is his friend. She should be ok with what ever Clark decides.”

Zane sighed. “It’s just the way it is.”

I frowned. Our words had slurred halfway through our second drink; I could only imagine what we sounded like after downing five drinks each.  

It was dark out and I didn’t know when my parents would be home. Zane blew out a sigh and I looked over at him. My eyes trailed down to his full lips, making me imagine what it would feel like to kiss them again.