44. Imagination

Olivia:

"Grant?" I stood there gaping at him as if he suddenly grew another head. What's he doing here?

"I'm here to drop off your car, remember?" He said, answering my unspoken question. I raised an eyebrow at him, curious as to how he knew what I was thinking.

He smirked and crossed his arms over his chest. "I know you better than you think, Ollie."

No.....you don't. I bit my tongue and gave him a tight-lipped smile, opening the door wider to let him in. He walked passed me, sending a rush of air that smelled a bit like him. Back when we were together, his signature cologne smell would send my heart racing, but now, it did nothing.

I shut the door and joined Grant in the living room. He was sprawled out on the sofa, staring at the television that he must have turned on. I narrowed my eyes at the sight of him all comfortable in my house, as if nothing happened between us. 

I cleared my throat and he glanced up at me. "Oh! Come join me," he said a bit too happily, patting the little space next to him on the couch. 

I walked over and stood in front of him, silently begging him to sit properly so I wouldn't have to be squished so close to him if I sat down. As if he read my silent pleas, he shifted and sat upright, leaving me enough space to sit. 

We sat in silence, staring mindlessly at the tv. I wasn't paying attention to the screen, though. Why did you let him in Olivia?! You let your EX BOYFRIEND inside of your house, all alone! I cursed myself for being so stupid.

"Here's your key," Grant spoke up, breaking the awkward silence. I snapped out of  my thoughts and looked at his palm, eyeing the key as if it were a bomb waiting to explode. I timidly reached out to grab it.

As soon as I had it in my grasp and was pulling away, Grant quickly grabbed my wrist, stopping me. I froze at the sudden contact, and I stared at his hand that was now gripping mine. If looks could kill, his hand would definitely have fallen off by now. 

"Olivia, what's wrong?" He asked softly. I could feel him looking at me, but I refused to meet his gaze.

It took me a minute to gather my thoughts, and I tugged at my hand to remove it from his hold, but he kept a firm grip. "I'm fine, Grant," I said curtly.

Suddenly, I felt his hand cup my chin and lifted it up, making me look at him. "Ollie, you can't lie to me. I know you. Plus, your eyes are a little red."

I tried to move away from him, but he kept on holding me in place. "Grant, let me go," I said through clenched teeth,  but he ignored me.

He didn't say anything. He just looked at me, studying every inch of my face. Despite the fact that I was pissed as hell, I couldn't help but blush. Fuck, snap out of it Olivia! 

Grant's eyes lowered to my mouth, his breath speeding up slightly. His tongue darted out to moisten his lips, as if he were preparing himself to kiss me. My eye widened at the thought of his lips against mine, and I squeezed them shut when I noticed him shift forward, leaning in closer to my face. 

Oh god, oh god, oh god! He's going to kiss me! Stop him! But no matter how much my inner self yelled at me, I couldn't move. It seemed like Grant's presence alone was holding me in a trance. This is what I wanted, right? To be with Grant.....to kiss him....

A few seconds later I felt his lips press against my forehead, kissing me tenderly. My eyes flew open and my vision was filled with a good view of Grant's neck, while his lips hovered over my skin. Finally, he pulled away, but didn't let go of my face.