21. Poolside Passion

Olivia:

We drove in the outskirts of town. I watched as nothing but trees and empty land whizzed past us. I wonder what the people here do for fun....  I thought to myself. Zane slowed down as we came around a corner. On the right side of the road was a light green house surrounded by tall trees.

“There it is." Zane said, stopping the car in front of the house.

I squinted at the house, trying to figure out what I was supposed to be seeing. “What? It’s a house. We could have seen that anywhere.”

He snorted. “Just wait.” He pressed on the gas and maneuvered the car down an alley behind the house.

“What are we doing?” I asked, momentarily panicking at where he decided to park.

He smiled. “Get out and I will show you,” he smirked, and got out of the car.

I sat there for a few seconds, and shook my head with a smile on my face. Oh Zane, you and your surprises. I got out and wrapped my cardigan around my body, bracing myself against the harsh cold.

 “This way,” he instructed.

We went into a gate that lead to the backyard of the house. There was nothing but a long stretch of empty land. The field was massive, and the sight was beautiful. Lush, green grass cushioned our feet as we walked, silencing our footsteps. Despite the cold weather, the sun was shining brightly, giving the field an angelic glow. I couldn't help but admire the back of Zane as he guided me. The rays of the sun made the outline of his body glow, and the wind disheveled his hair. I caught a whiff of the cologne he always wore, and I smiled to myself.

We made it a little further down the field, and came across a swimming pool that was enclosed by a gate. The water was clear, and it glistened as the sun shined down upon it. The smell of chlorine filled the air, and I took a deep breath. I love the smell.

Zane surveyed the area around us, and looked at me with a grin. “Good, no one’s around.”

I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked at him curiously. "Why does that matter?"

“We’re going for a swim,” he simply said. My mouth fell open and he laughed at my reaction. He fiddled with the lock that kept the gate locked, and I panicked.

“B-but this is illegal! Sneaking into people’s houses!” I stammered, my heart racing in excitement and fear. He managed to get the lock open and he pushed the gate open.

“Come on!” He urged. 

“We’re trespassing!” I yelled.

He rolled his eyes. “I sort of know these people. I used to do this all the time! They won’t even know.”

“You’re an idiot! I'm not doing it,” I said stubbornly, and crossed my hands over my chest in defiance. I want to swim with him so bad, but what if we get caught? I don't want to get into trouble!

“Olivia,” Zane said, pulling me out of my thoughts. His blue eyes gleamed at me, and I gulped nervously. “For once in your life, do something that surprises people.”

His words made me freeze in place. His lips were pulled up into a kind smile. I didn’t know what to say; I have never done anything like this before. But does it matter? I mean, come on! This could be fun!

“Fine!” I huffed and pushed past him and into the gate. He chuckled behind me and followed me in. 

“So, I hope you don’t mind,” he started as he pulled off his jacket. I raised an eyebrow. “But I didn’t bring my trunks.” He pulled off his long sleeved shirt and my mouth fell open as he stood before me half naked. Abs and a chiseled chest defined his body. His pants were low on his hips. Low enough to see the "V" that trickled into his pants. I blushed as I thought about where that "V" connected to.