Chapter 43: Thailand

The next morning,

I barely got any sleep last night.

I'm still lying on her bed while my one arm is still resting on the back of her head. 

I can already feel my arm getting cramps but I don't mind at all.

She is still sound asleep next to me.

I stare at her as she sleep. My gaze lower down her neck. She is still wearing our friendship necklace. I touch it with my free hand. 

I can't believe she kept this all these time. 

I don't know how long I was staring at it when I suddenly felt Sarah moved. 

I moved my head upward to meet her eyes when she suddenly lean in much closer that it close any remaining gap between us. I felt her lips touch mine for a brief second. She was still asleep and had no idea of what happen.

My eyes widen when I felt our lips touch. I immediately moved my head away.

I took a deep breath and decided to lift her head gently to removed my arm from where it was resting.

I got out of bed as quietly as possible to not disturb her from her sleep.

But as I stood up, I heard the bed shift again.

When I turn around, she was already waking up. 

She stretch her arms and then rub her eyes slightly.

"Hi good morning.. Did I wake you up?" I said greeting her as I took some steps.

She smiled at me.

"No, I usually wake up much earlier." She said softly.

I guess some of the few changes about her.

She usually sleep much longer from what I recall.

"Thank you for staying over.. I really do appreciate it a lot." She said as she jump out of her bed.

I smiled and nodded slightly.

"No worries.." I replied.

"Are you hungry?" She asked curiously while fixing her hair.

"Just a little.." I replied back.

We decided to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant down floor.

We are mostly quiet while waiting for our breakfast.

I didn't want to bring up the topic about her father again unless she wants to. I don't know what else to talk about. It was getting a little awkward in the table with our silence.

"Don't worry.. I'm fine now." She spoke finally breaking the silence.

"Okay.. that's good." I replied.

Don't really know how to deal with this. It was still very awkward and I want to cheer her up and for her to forget about that horrible dinner.

"It's still a bit awkward.." she voice out the same thought I was having.

I shook my head and tried to say something.

She  chuckled lightly.