Chapter 28: Wade

Another month passed by just like that.

Nothing interesting happen.

It's already spring and I never got a good news after that audition.

I stop having small roles on documentary shows.

In the morning, I'm working on a bakeshop and in the evening, on a convenient store.

Sarah got busy with her studies so we barely spoke on the phone anymore.

She still calls me everyday to check up on me but we keep the conversation short.

I'm beginning to miss her a lot.

I've been stalking her on Facebook and Instagram but lately she hasn't post anything on any of her social media accounts.

She's usually active but it's been over a month since she last posted something.

I wonder what she's been up to.

Right now, I'm currently working at the convenient store.

Tyler came to buy his favorite yogart drink.

"Hey!" He greeted.

"You're buying yogart drink again?" I asked.

He casually nodded.

"You should stock some at home so you wouldn't have to buy here everyday." I suggest.

"I barely see you cause you work day and night. What is your plan anyway?" He asked curiously.

"Well, you know money is tight right now. I'm lucky I even got the job." I said while punching his drink on the scanner.

"Do you still plan to go to that acting academy?" He asked curiously.

"Maybe.. I don't know yet." I said honestly.

"It's gonna be spring break soon. I was thinking we could plan a trip together." He said quite sadly.

"Why did you have to start another job? Argh!" He was a bit annoyed.

"You still have Gerard. At least you wouldn't be alone on this trip." I said casually.

"We just fought this morning. I hate him now. He is so full of himself. I guess rich people are always gonna  be jerks. They feel so entitled. It makes me want to gag." He said while holding his yogart drink tightly.

I move away from the counter and took the mop.

"This is terrible time to chat. There's cctv around. I don't want my boss to think that I'm slacking off." I said while mopping the floor.

"Seriously?" He was beyond pissed.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sure you and Gerard will find ways to fix it." I said while tapping his back.

"No! It's over." He said while storming out of the store.

He always say that but they always end up making up.

---

A week after

After my shift in the bake shop, I went straight to the convenient store.